Need motivation or help losing weight?

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Courtney and I'm 24 years old and I'm really looking forward to helping you through your journey!

I'm one of those people just like you that lost a significant amount of weight...and then gained it back :( yeah it sucks, big time.

I'm back on my journey to lose the weight and maybe more! I love motivating and inspiring people and I'd love to help coach you through your journey!

Send me a message and throw me an add! I'd love to get to know you and your story

Remember, we all start somewhere.

Dare to believe in yourself!

Courtney :D

Replies

• yasmo22
    Options
    Hey Courtney,

Was happy to see your post! You can call me Yas. I'm 26 and have struggled with my weight for most of my life. I've yo-yo'd between 202 and 152 since high school. Last year I went on a medication that (in combination with my sedentary job, starting grad school and some other factors..) caused me to gain 30 lbs over a pretty short period of time... BIG thumbs down!

I'm desperate to get back to the active, energetic me I know is in here somewhere! I've done Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past, and this seems like a similar structure, so I'm going to give it all I've got (which, granted, isn't very much at the moment.. but still) and hope for the best! Any extra inspiration you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Here goes...
    Yas
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Fee free to add me. I'm 34 now and in the last 10 years have been up and down with weight but never been able to just maintain at a healthy weight. Now its time to have a life style change because thats the only way thats going to work for me. It IS working. I've lost 8.8 lbs this month and no longer feel like I'm depriving myself of food and am not walking around hangry and feeling like I'm going to faint because I'm starving. I now actually look forward to exercise (most days) which is really new for me.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you Yas. Attempting to get back on the wagon, which seems to be moving very fast this time around!
  • ams6689
    ams6689 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and I am facing a similar situation. I was down to 125 then gained back to 135 this past summer and now after all the holidays and some rough patches in my life I am at 149 today. I am having so much trouble getting my weight down again. It is so frustrating!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    If you can't keep off the weight, why would I want you as my weight loss coach? No offense but it seems a bit silly.
  • yasmo22
    Options
    Of_Monsters - Being the epitome of perfection is not a pre-req in motivating others. Btw, not buying your "No offense..." Why else would you post a rude & rhetorical question?
  • CPlempel1013
    Options
    Of_Monsters_a

I did gain weight back because of personal reasons. A very close family member of mine passed away and it was really hard for me, so thank you for bringing that up.

Everyone is on a journey and different things happen to different people. If you are going to be negative on here then please don't share your opinion.

Also, I am in this to help others and motivate, not for anything else. I am a full time hard worker working 40 hours or more a week working as a manager and helping dogs.

No one needs your negativity on here.

Have a nice weekend!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Who is being negative? I believe it was a valid question. I didn't expect to get bullied up in this thread. Have a great weekend.