any breast feeding moms here?

Options
Hi I am a first time breast feeder, but I also want to get into shape and lose that stubborn baby weight. It would be nice to know I am not alone. And that there are others that bf as well as work out. Feel free to add me or talk to me. Could use the support

Replies

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am a FTM to a very active 12mo toddler looking to lose a substantial amount of weight (60lbs from SW) & model healthy habits for my son. Feel free to chat / add / etc!
  • deebee227
    Options
    Me too! all day long Lol
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    yup, i have an 18 month old girl. There is a breastfeeding group if you search in the groups section too :flowerforyou:
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am, 3rd time breastfeeder of my 14 month old. Still carrying all my weight from baby #1 though. :/ Well, not all because I've finally managed to lose some! :)
  • tracybilal
    tracybilal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im exclusively bf my 4 month old girl. I habe been going to the gym for more than a month.lost some weight but a long way to go.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
    I have an (almost) 18 month old little boy who is still nursing. Back when I was exclusively breastfeeding, I lost a bunch of weight with very little effort. As of today, I am smaller by 20 lbs than I was pre-pregnancy!

If you need any support, weight loss or breastfeeding, I am always here!
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Still nursing my almost 2 year old. Feel free to add me!
  • laura00218
    Options
    Yep, I'm also a breast feeding mommy! Just had baby #3 a few weeks ago and am already jumping back into exercise (I got the green light from my doc to do workouts I did while pregnant). Just make sure to eat PLENTY if you're both BF and exercising as you'll be burning A TON of calories. Also remember your body tends to hold onto 5-7lbs of fat as a reserve for milk production. It's not uncommon to not lose it until you finish, so don't get discouraged!
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    My twins weaned quite a while ago but I just wanted to comment on these comments above and say that it is Wonderful to see so many full-term breastfeeding Moms!! Your baby needs your milk until age 2 (years!!!) plus, so good job, mommas!!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nusing a 19 month old right here! Still pumping at work as well.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    Nusing a 19 month old right here! Still pumping at work as well.

Awesome, keep it up!!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    yup! my nursling just turned 2. still going strong.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    still nursing my 22 month old all the time. i need to lose at least 80lbs too. feel free to add me.
  • 4realrose8
    4realrose8 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My twins weaned quite a while ago but I just wanted to comment on these comments above and say that it is Wonderful to see so many full-term breastfeeding Moms!! Your baby needs your milk until age 2 (years!!!) plus, so good job, mommas!!

^^ This.

Great to see extended nursing on here. :-)
  • JanetTx
    JanetTx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I EBF a 4 month old. Just started working out 2 weeks ago.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work, mamas!

I wish OP all the best of luck in getting off the baby weight. For me it was extremely difficult with my first until I stopped bfing but I have been able to lose weight in the past few months while still bfing my 22 month old.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    BFing group, in case anyone's interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/197-breastfeeding-support :flowerforyou:
  • lostlove8169
    Options
    I still breastfeeding my just recently turned 2 yr old. She is our fourth and final and has hung on to "her babas" the longest. :) Losing weight while breastfeeding is challenging because you need to be sure to eat enough and drink enough to keep your supply up. I have taken a gradual weight loss approach with this kiddo and I know once I lose I won't have to worry about more pregnancy weight gain to lose. I have just hit the 50 pound mark today and am 5 pounds from 137 my pre pregnancy weight. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing an (almost) 5 month old. He is my 5th baby. i have been doing well losing weight weight. This is my 5th bbay and I lost a ton of weight by exercising and eating right after my 4th was born.