Is anyone on a 1,200 calorie diet

Options
2»

Replies

• scottsgirl4lyfe2004
    scottsgirl4lyfe2004 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    well i have a binge eating issue and a head issue which i am working on all the past times i limited my fat to below 10 g a day and anything that had fat in it i would think i would gain a million lbs from i am only eating 100 callories less then what 1 site said i should be
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Copied from the other 1,200 cal thread running right now:

Regarding 1200 cal diets:

You'll drop a bunch of weight fast, then you'll stall out and stop losing, which is what causes many of the 1200 cal dieters to give up and gain it all back because "what else can I do!?"

If you choose to follow this advice just make sure that when you do stall out you start eating more AND increase your level of activity. Now, it's probably more sustainable and safer to not cut your calories so drastically and to just eat at a 500 cal deficit and exercise. The results will be slower but they'll create habits that will sustain you for the rest of your life instead of being a quick fix.

Up to you.
  • theleanbeanmachine
    theleanbeanmachine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, and on days I don't work it, is next to impossible to stay at 1200. So I try to work out 6 days a week. I try to eat a lot of fruits and beans, lots of beans! However, if you look at my food diary, I pretty much eat anything. Which is no wonder why I am stuck at my current weight of 191. I started off at 220 and looking to go down to 175. My best advice, work out and when you do eat, eat a fruit or something natural. Better to go over your calories by eating whole foods than Pop tarts ( Which I absolutely love, by the way.) Best of luck and remember, Hard work always pays off!
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, and on days I don't work it, is next to impossible to stay at 1200. So I try to work out 6 days a week. I try to eat a lot of fruits and beans, lots of beans! However, if you look at my food diary, I pretty much eat anything. Which is no wonder why I am stuck at my current weight of 191. I started off at 220 and looking to go down to 175. My best advice, work out and when you do eat, eat a fruit or something natural. Better to go over your calories by eating whole foods than Pop tarts ( Which I absolutely love, by the way.) Best of luck and remember, Hard work always pays off!

this is completely backwards. on the days you work out you need to be eating MORE. the end.
  • scottsgirl4lyfe2004
    scottsgirl4lyfe2004 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone