High calorie snacks

Options
I'm seriously stressed to the point where I'm losing weight when I'm already underweight. We've had a family death this week and it's not that I'm not eating, I am, but I'm burning calories from stress and nervous energy. What can I eat that's going to help my constant hunger and fast metabolism? I can't eat dried fruit or nuts. At the moment I'm trying milkshakes, hot chocolates, yoghurt, biscuits, bananas but I'm finding it's still not enough. I'm eating meals still but it's just in between I seem to struggle. Any suggestions appreciated.

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Smoothies with peanut butter/coconut oil, avocado, full fat greek yogurt, lots of protein
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Try some fat bombs their only small and can be up to 200 calories, depending how you make them
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You can't eat nuts or don't like to? Anything with peanut butter on it...celery sticks or crackers. Avacados, cheese...Add some things into your smoothies like ground flax seed...it's super good for you and will add calories.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.

It might be worth speaking with your GP as s/he could prescribe you a supplement shake that would boost your kcals. If you're based in the UK, there's a product called Fresubin 5/Kcal Shot which contains 5 kcals per ml. The bottle only contains 120mls but that's 600 kcals right there. Only your GP can prescribe it though. Sip it slowly over 30-60 mins as it could make you feel rather ill if you drink it too quickly. It's an easy way of upping your kcals, especially as your appetite may come and go as you go through the grieving process.

Take care x
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, cheese, olives, sunflower/pumpkin seeds, bowl of cereal with full fat milk, toast with butter.
  • Seemberg
    Options
    Hi, I too am trying to gain weight. I saw a nutritionist who said my commitment to healthy eating is good, but when trying to gain weight not to worry about fats and sugar. There are a lot of calories in unsweetened fruit juices, and she had me switch to whole milk. I'm adding cream to my smoothies, lattes, and casseroles. She said to eat cookies, muffins, chocolate bars! Of course this is all temporary until I reach my goal weight. And it is working. My goal has been to gain a pund per week, which I have for the last 4 weeks. Good luck, I know most folk don't have much sympathy for those of us trying to gain.