Number on the scale vs Body Fat%

Options
So I have been on this journey for a couple of months.. I have lost and overall 2 inches and a little over 2% body fat. My issue is the scale still stays at 157lbs. So I know I have made progress, but the scale not moving is really getting me down. I feel like it should be changing too? Am I in the wrong mindset?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You're gaining muscle, losing fat, losing inches... and... I'm sorry, what was the problem again? How long has the scale not moved? Are you eating at a deficit? Do you know your BMR and TDEE?
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have lost one pound in 2 mnths and although I have seeing some results in inches and % shouldn't be seeing something on the scale as well? I'm new to this so I'm still unsure of what I should be expecting...
  • turtledove773
    Options
    Do you know your BMR and TDEE?

BMR is 1454
    TDEE is 1999
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Were you inactive prior to two months ago? When active, your body stores more water to aid in recovery post-exercise. You may have lost 3 lbs of actual fat, but a 2 lb increase in water could mask progress. Lots of things can affect temporary water retention as well such as consuming larger than usual amounts of salt or carbs as well as significant stress. If you are indeed in a deficit, weight will eventually decrease, though.
  • WBB55
    Options
    Is your diary accurate? Do you really net less than 1000 calories most days?
  • turtledove773
    Options
    Is your diary accurate? Do you really net less than 1000 calories most days?

My diary is not accurate.. I do not keep up with on here... I log it manually and sometime i come log here.. sometimes i don't..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Am I in the wrong mindset?

Yes....

The scale is but one measure and doesn't even remotely tell the whole story..

<<<<<according the scale and thus BMI, I'm "overweight" I'm not even like a big muscle bound guy or anything...just your regular old Joe who likes to do a little weight lifting and ride my bike. I'm at a completely healthy BF%....yet I am "overweight" according to the scale.

Only tells one tiny part of the bigger story.
  • WBB55
    Options
    My diary is not accurate.. I do not keep up with on here...

That's ok. Wherever you're logging it, is THAT accurate? Do you measure all your foods using a digital scale? How many calories per day do you eat total, on average? And how many calories do you burn thru exercise every day, on average?