Your favorite frozen dinners/meals?

Options

Replies

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    i like the marie callendar ones best. Meatballs & Sausage Marinara, Herb roasted chicken, and Roasted Turkey Breast & Stuffing are my favorites. ( they have a few turkey ones and they are all good but i like the one with stuffing best)

some of the healthy choice steamers are pretty good too. sweet sesame chicken & tortellini primavera are probably my favorites. they have a couple with mushrooms that might be good if you like mushrooms, but i hate them so have never tried those out

Be careful of the Marie Callender meals. Most of these are much higher in calories than your typical single serving frozen meal. (They are usually quite tasty, though!)
  • lovelayla
    Options
    I LOVE the Healthy Choice Steamers BBQ Steak and potatoes! Its usually sold out....It does not taste like diet food,and its a decent amount of food.

Not dinner,but the Healthy choice 100 calorie ice cream is great too!
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    In and of itself there is nothing wrong with frozen meals.
    Have macro goals in mind, pick meals with lots of veggies.
    Keep an eye on sodium content, since frozen meals can be really high.
    And keep an eye on portion size and then how big the meal is. Some frozen meals try to cheat by having one portion being half the meal.

That said, when I don't have much time to make dinner I have portioned salmon and cod in the freezer along with veggie mixes. It takes a few minutes if I cook in the microwave and 30 minutes if I grill it.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest - I use them for lunches at work sometimes - I try to keep a few in the freezer at the office just because it's better than running to McDonalds when I don't have time to pack or didn't have leftovers from the night before.

I found these Banquet bowls - they are cheap! less than $1 on sale. Usually run between 200-300 calories each. I also have gotten Lean Cuisine and Micheleanas light meal. Just depends on what is on sale, and what meals I like that are made by each company.

I try to stick between 1200-1300 a day and save as many as I can for the evening with the family. No one cares what I eat when I am alone at work. I'll admit - they are SMALL meals - but I try to eat small bites and super slow - and drink lots of water. it works for me. I've done the frozen meals before I was 'dieting' and will probably use them long after I reach goal.

This way I have plenty of 'calories' left for dinner - which is usually some protein, fresh steamed veggies or salad and some type of starch (potato/rice/pasta) This way I can eat what the rest of the family does just by adjusting portions. (I eat more veggies, they get more rice)
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat frozen too too often, but when I do, i like the president choice onces. Usually, I like to make a big pot of turkey chilli and freeze and a big pot of chicken soup and freeze.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i like the marie callendar ones best. Meatballs & Sausage Marinara, Herb roasted chicken, and Roasted Turkey Breast & Stuffing are my favorites. ( they have a few turkey ones and they are all good but i like the one with stuffing best)

some of the healthy choice steamers are pretty good too. sweet sesame chicken & tortellini primavera are probably my favorites. they have a couple with mushrooms that might be good if you like mushrooms, but i hate them so have never tried those out

Be careful of the Marie Callender meals. Most of these are much higher in calories than your typical single serving frozen meal. (They are usually quite tasty, though!)

well i eat around 2000+ daily so it is no problem for me personally
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options

Yeah, my favorite pot pie meal is 1010 cal. So yummy. So filling.
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen dinners, especially the mini cheeseburgers.
    I want one right now:tongue:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen dinners, especially the mini cheeseburgers.
    I want one right now:tongue:

I used to occasionally buy the Smart Ones desserts - those were actually pretty good!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

which pot pie is it? i want to try!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options

which pot pie is it? i want to try!

Cheesy bacon chicken or something like that by Marie callender. I like it will Cajun seasoning. Sooo cheesy bacony good for a microwavable pie.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lean Cuisine Pizzas

Not only does not everyone have the space to freeze leftovers, not everybody wants to. I'm sorry, but I take as little time as possible preparing meals most days. I also have a small kitchen. The chances of me preparing a weeks worth of food on Sunday night instead of spending quality time with my family are extremely slim.

The only excuse OP gave for not cooking his own is he eats too many portions so I gave him the answer to that.

I cook two Sunday nights a month for tops 2 hours. Gives me my entire month's worth of dinners. As for space all I have is my fridge freezer. I use bags wherever possible to save room. It's stuffed to the gills anyway.

Frozen meals are obviously not the devil. They are quick and easy and some are quite delicious (Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti=yumoliscious). That said they have a LOT more sodium in them thus why I believe they shouldn't be eaten on a daily basis.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    There was a brand at Target recently, called Evol, that I really liked. I tried Chipotle Chicken Mac &Cheese and a Green Chili Chicken and Rice bowl, both were filling for around 400 calories and had more chicken in them than I think the normal Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine meals do.

With that said, I also like the Healthy Choice steamers, any of the ones which are "Top Chef" are pretty good, I also tried this week a Lean Cuisine Spa Classic which was Lemongrass salmon with rice and vegetables and it was much better than I thought it was going to be. I was a little nervous about a frozen meal with salmon...

I also do like making food at home and then portioning it out. Another thing I have done lately, when I am cooking for just myself in the evenings, is to get one of those skillet meals, like a Bertolli, or PF Changs, or Macaroni Grill and cook that. I eat half for dinner and then put the other half in a tupperware for lunch the next day. I think those taste a little better than the single serving microwave frozen meals, just my opinion.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine
    Chicken Fettuccini
    Chicken Club Panini
    Apple Cranberry Chicken

Weight Watchers
    3 Cheese Baked Ziti

Healthy Choice
    Chicken & Rice Cheddar Bake

Some of the (red box) Stouffer's are lower calorie.......you have to be careful though .....the 10 oz. box of Mac & Cheese is actually 2 servings!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry in about 2 seconds when I eat a frozen meal.
  • Smart ones are not bad; I like Confucius spicy chicken egg rolls. They're relatively cheap and low calorie and I'll microwave like two with steamfresh broccoli/cauliflower/carrots for a nice meal
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Blue Horizon Wild Tuna Teriyaki Surf Burger (just had it last night for dinner). It's big, it's tasty, it's "clean" if you believe/care about that, 130 calories for 21 grams of protein. I bought it at a local fair trade type grocer.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lean Cuisine Pizzas

Not only does not everyone have the space to freeze leftovers, not everybody wants to. I'm sorry, but I take as little time as possible preparing meals most days. I also have a small kitchen. The chances of me preparing a weeks worth of food on Sunday night instead of spending quality time with my family are extremely slim.

The only excuse OP gave for not cooking his own is he eats too many portions so I gave him the answer to that.

I cook two Sunday nights a month for tops 2 hours. Gives me my entire month's worth of dinners. As for space all I have is my fridge freezer. I use bags wherever possible to save room. It's stuffed to the gills anyway.

Frozen meals are obviously not the devil. They are quick and easy and some are quite delicious (Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti=yumoliscious). That said they have a LOT more sodium in them thus why I believe they shouldn't be eaten on a daily basis.

You have a valid point. Immediately after I posted, too, I knew I just posted it because I'm just a little crabby today. I don't believe frozen meals are the best option, but they also aren't the worst.

I do wish I would cook for the week on Sunday nights so maybe I'm bitter too lol. In any case, I know my comment was not helpful and it will go down as one of my most useless, semi-*****y posts.
  • stormninja11
    Options
    I really like the lean cuisine chicken fettuccini, pasta alfredo with broccoli, and the Salisbury steak with mac and cheese. I use these for dinner at work. I am a picky eater and I think these are pretty tasty!