Help me love deadlifts ! Benefits,please? !

Options
2»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Osteoporosis461x600_zps62928dc3.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is Sara of the ETP group doing her 325lb deadlift that she got an APA Award for. I don't have access to barbells, but I hope one day I will because I'd love to work on getting around to being able to deadlift around this weight.

4qffo_zps66a72ba3.gif
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Do deadlifts first! It'll get you all pumped up.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I fell in love the first time I did them!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    This is Sara of the ETP group doing her 325lb deadlift that she got an APA Award for. I don't have access to barbells, but I hope one day I will because I'd love to work on getting around to being able to deadlift around this weight.

4qffo_zps66a72ba3.gif

:heart: her happy dance. I did the same this week with my deadlift PR (though mine wasn't nearly as impressive as 325 lbs!)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    NEVER do deadlifts last.

Stop. Don't do them today. You may injure yourself. Start with them. It's a big lift and should go first (after a warm-up)

That said, get on Youtube, watch a bunch of videos on form, and go do them tomorrow.

Your shoulders will get stronger. Your back will get stronger. Your abs will get stronger. Your glutes will get stronger. Your hamstrings will get stronger. Your calves will get stronger. Your quads will get stronger. Your forearms will get stronger.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    NEVER do deadlifts last.

Stop. Don't do them today. You may injure yourself. Start with them. It's a big lift and should go first (after a warm-up)

That said, get on Youtube, watch a bunch of videos on form, and go do them tomorrow.

Your shoulders will get stronger. Your back will get stronger. Your abs will get stronger. Your glutes will get stronger. Your hamstrings will get stronger. Your calves will get stronger. Your quads will get stronger. Your forearms will get stronger.

^It is definitely an awesome compound exercise.

But OP, maybe you should research more into strength training in general. Some great reads (especially for lifting and beginners) are Starting Strength, Stronglifts, and NROL.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    How I feel during deadlifting after doing 100+ lunges... I+Regret+Everything+Read+Desc.+.+Pretty+much+my+dogs+face_7645c3_3420745.jpg

and this.