Replies

• 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    Job well done!
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fab, you look so much younger, it's unbelievable, you should be so proud of what you have achieved. You look healthy and young, what more can anyone ak for. Well done.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :flowerforyou: and as others have said, you have gained back years! The picture of you and your daughter, wow you two look like sisters! :noway:
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well, this is really kind of difficult for me to do. I've never liked sharing photos of myself but, I really want to let people out there know that it can be done. You just have to do it. I started exactly a year ago today. I had just turned 37 and my brother (11 years older than I and in seemingly much better shape) had a heart attack and almost died. I wasn't well. As you can see from my before picture, I was obese at 5'3" and 225 lbs. After the birth of my now 5 year old, I was diagnosed hypothyroid. Combine that with a baby who never slept more than a couple hours and it wasn't a good recipe. I was exhausted all the time and I ate terribly. I also have 3 other kids, so I was stretched a little thin and for about 4 years, I just let go of myself. It took my brother's heart attack to wake me up. I joined weight watchers and started exercising. I added the exercise slowly because I had been having other medical issues. I started dropping the weight almost, 40 lbs, but felt like I was starving and weight watchers was confusing with the Activity points. I felt it would just be easier for me to count calories and log what I was eating so I found MFP. I don't remember even exactly when I joined, but I've lost another 34. My total for the year 71.4 lbs!

before-The only picture I could find. I hid from the camera. This was at my daughter's play last year and right after I had gotten the worst haircut ever.
    Terripicfat_zps0900c053.jpg

A few months ago, at my daughter's play this year.
    cb761dc4-107e-4723-b92a-5242412ca3d8_zps6c871751.jpg

today!
    430a70ae-ed23-4f4b-b84c-474bc29a13a5_zps0aa9de4b.jpg

one more!
    a4313d4e-290c-448a-997c-3377211adae7_zps0dcf6ed3.jpg

I hope the pictures work. Some stats, I went from 225ibs to 153.6lbs. I was a size 20 in bottoms and a 1X in tops. I now wear a 9/10 in bottoms and a M in tops. I hope to lose a little more and then work on the muscles. I just turned 38 last week and I feel absolutely fabulous!

You look AMAZING !! you appear so much younger and happier in all of your recent photos ! great progress !! proud of you!!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me! I'm 5'2" and still have some lbs to lose.
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look 10 years younger! What a difference one year makes!
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing....so inspirational!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input (both of you) I lift weights too in order to build a little muscle in the process. Don't want to be skinny fat. I want to be fit.
  • SarahMarieYates
    SarahMarieYates Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You and your daughter look like you could be sisters! The transformation is amazing.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW...I mean you have definitely shed some yrs off with the weight loss...You look so great! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
  • pratty34
    pratty34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow you should be so proud of yourself. You look fab and so much younger, well done :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!