Tofu recipes

Options
leigh8679
leigh8679 Posts: 19 Member
Does anybody have any good tofu recipes? I'm looking for something different for Lent!

Replies

• hilly510
    hilly510 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites:
    http://www.theppk.com/2013/02/curry-tofu-tacos-with-pintos-kale-slaw/

Based on that, I've tried other marinades on the fly to grill up my tofu.

Another one I LOVE which is so weird is just to lightly press the tofu, fry it up real quick in some canola oil, and stir fry it with a can of chop suey vegetables. Add nutritional yeast and soy sauce and it is so simple but so good.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with tofu. You can't even taste it.

3oz tofu
    1/2 c liquid (I use milk, but you can use whatever)
    1 small banana
    1 c frozen strawberries (or any other fruit you like)
    1/4 greek yogurt (plain)
    1 T brown sugar
    1 1/2 T Unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 t vanilla

Made with 1% milk and strawberries, it's 369 calories, 20 g protein. It works well post workout or as a meal replacement. I drink one every morning and can usually go 4 hours before eating again.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've acquired a taste for soft tofu with soy sauce, sesame oil, and some sesame seeds.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mabo tofu! If you can't find everything exactly don't worry about it, it's really quite flexible! http://norecipes.com/mapo-tofu-recipe/

Also I guess you'd have to leave out the pork, haha. Maybe replace it with some veggies like broccoli!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Blend cooked, peeled sweet potato with silken tofu.
    Add cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spices, maybe a little brown sugar if you like.

I like to make a crustless pie and top with apple slices. ^__^
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Buffalo style tofu

Sooo easy and soooo good.

1 Container of extra firm tofu

1-2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce (Franks)

1-2 Tablespoons of Water

1 Tablespoon Butter (I use Land O Lake Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil)

Slice the tofu and remove as much extra moisture as possible. Put the tofu in a skillet sprayed with a little cooking spray. Flip over once the first side is browned. Brown other side. Meanwhile combine hot sauce, water and butter and microwave until the butter is melted. Mix the sauce until combined. Remove from pan and pour over the sauce.