New to fitnesspal, Recovering Anorexic

Options
Hi everyone,
My name is Megan and I am currently in recovery for anorexia. It's been a long battle but I'm gradually getting my life back.

Recently I started working with a fit coach at the Rush Fitness Center and I love it!!
My goal is to eventually compete in bodybuilding competitions. I used to work out a lot before my ED got really bad and was well on my way but after a year of starving myself and abusing laxatives, I have a lot of work to do.

I hope to inspire and motivate others to overcome struggles and hardships in their lives. I want to be living proof that nothing is impossible and no matter how close you've come to the edge, you can always come back and stronger than ever.

Just a quick question for anyone who may know: I'm having severe edema in my abdomen (due to the laxative abuse and my body trying to readjust to a healthy diet and exercise). Does anyone know how long this typically lasts in recovery, what foods or things I can take to ease the pain and discomfort??

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Those questions need to be answered by a medical professional that is aware of your medical history.