Friends with chronic illness?

Options
Hi guys, I am 26 years old, and am from Hamilton, Ontario. When I was 18, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. My mother also lives with M.S. and my uncle, who also had M.S died last year of related illness. Watching what it does on the body has often put me into a downward spiral, and I frequently ask myself, 'what is the point'. I can't exercise as much as I want to, because I find the biggest issue for me is my fatigue, which is sometimes so overwhelming, it takes everything I got to get out bed and go to work. I lost a bunch of weight a couple of years ago and felt great. Then I moved abroad and fell in love. We ate, we travelled, we were marry. And we are still so very happy, I am still so very happy. I haven't put it all back on, but I need a little motivation. My partner doesn't really know how to cope with my illness (hes loving and caring but he sometimes doesn't get why I don't have then energy--because he is super fit!) I am doing really well again with my healthy eating (I love to cook) but wouldn't mind some friends that also have chronic illness to help me on my journey! Motivate eachother, pick one another up when we are feeling like our illness are taking over our lives.

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have a genetic mutation of Alport Syndrome (kidney disease, hearing loss, and vision problems), hyperparathyroidism, migraines, bipolar, and anxiety disorder, so, yeah, a lot of problems with my"get up and go." My illness has caused me to yoyo in weight over the years. Feel free to add me.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    HI, I was dignosed with MS in 2006. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lupus....add me if you like! Know the feelings of sheer fatigue only too well! :sad:
  • kavi_jaya
    Options
    Hi ,
    I'm new to this forum. I have epilepsy and have been gaining weight. I need some friends , please