New underwear bought too small by mistake ... now FITS.

Options
tapirfrog
tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
Near the end of 2012 my underwear got way too baggy. It was Jockey size 8, which sounds small but it's a plus size, which means it costs more than regular sizes and is 60% more likely than regular sizes to have pastel orange flowers on it. I bought a bunch of lovely white new high-cut Jockeys in size 6.

I didn't bother to measure my butt because 6 was the size I'd worn for years and I was fitting into my old clothes. Imagine my crapfeelingness when I realized that apparently my old clothes had stretched with me as I'd grown. My butt was still too big for a real, new, unstretched size 6.

I went humbly back to the store and bought more underwear in size 7. Seven was smaller than my previous plus-size 8, but it was still a plus size, and I had already taken all my pretty white sixes out of the package so there was no way the store would take them back. So I sadly stored the pretty white sixes in another drawer so I wouldn't mistake them for underwear that I could actually wear, and I got rid of the stained ripped awful size 8s, and took pride in at least fitting into the 7s. They were tight, but not uncomfortable, and I had new underwear.

Today I took one of the pretty size sixes out of its isolation box and a cluster of exclamation points and question marks formed over my head, and right now, as we speak, I am wearing a size 6. It's as tight on me now as the 7s were when I first put them on: that is, it pulls a little but it's comfortable enough that I can forget I have it on.

And since I've just told everyone on the planet with connectivity what underwear I'm wearing, can someone please take the Internet away from me now? Thanks.

Replies

• sararay509
    sararay509 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! I can't wait until all my underwear choices no longer consist of pastel colored flowers.
  • tapirfrog
    Options
    I am so glad there is someone else out there who Does Not Want pastel flowers. Underwear manufacturers! I already feel like a beached whale! Salmon-colored blooms just make me feel like a beached whale that someone has put a sympathy bouquet on!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you I enjoyed your "Underwear Chronicles"...and can totally identify with your experience. Thanks for the chuckle!:laugh:
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - and VERY WELL WRITTEN! Please don't leave the internet - we need more people like you - especially in these forums!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I feel odd commenting in this thread but after seeing the thing about flowers i had to speak up and say that you guys aren't the only ones. You ever see how horrid the "big and tall" boxer shorts are? Either they have horrible things on them that distort on them when you put them on (some of the football ones end up looking like distorted silly putty versions of themselves) or the material is so thing and uncomfortable. Not to mention the price: 3 pairs for 25.00. Sometimes i think these companies assume we want to try and disguise ourselves as parade floats with the crap they put on clothing.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My drawer is full of new sexy underwear that I never got to wear because I ballooned :embarassed:
  • scooterjen
    scooterjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in! My 8s are just now too loose also! I too have other sizes that have been pushed to the bottom of the drawer just waiting for me. Congrats to you! Strut those 6s girl!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'll totally commiserate about the awful flowers in plus size underwear :) but congratulations on being able to wear the underwear that you previously couldn't
  • tapirfrog
    Options
    I feel odd commenting in this thread but after seeing the thing about flowers i had to speak up and say that you guys aren't the only ones. You ever see how horrid the "big and tall" boxer shorts are? .... Sometimes i think these companies assume we want to try and disguise ourselves as parade floats with the crap they put on clothing.

You know, I have never noticed "big and tall" boxers before, but you bet the next time I'm in a department store I'mm'a head straight to that section and have a look-see. I just kind of assumed that men's boxers were all blue plaid or something. ... do they have, like, doughnuts and Ring Dings on them? Never mind, I'm sure I'll get a sad, sad education before long.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!