March 2014 Challenge 120 miles walk/run/bike

Options
MARCH 2014 HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Feel free too WALK/RUN/BIKE and log your progress daily, weekly or whenever you have time...

Replies

• jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Going too log walk and exercise bike seperately.....

Walking...............4.5 MILES
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    STILL ANXIOUS too find people too join our little challenge......:flowerforyou:

IF 120 MILES seems a bit much it is still ok...just jump in and DO AS MANY AS YOU CAN.....

WHERE did all the peoples go that was in the nov, dec, Jan and Feb challenges?????????? :sad: :brokenheart:

We gotta keep moving!!!!!!!!!! Let that sofa get lonely!!!! :laugh:
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    SUNDAY MARCH 2ND......3 MILES Outside walk...Total thus far 7.5

exercise.png
  • kris727ta
    kris727ta Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's the end of the day on March 2nd and I am up for the challenge!!!! This is just what I need to get outside running again! This winter has been horrible. Am going to try the ticker, too. Love that! :love:
    -- RETHINKING.... where I am just starting to run again. And addition to the boxing and personal training classes, I will probably only be able to get in 12-15miles per week without injuring myself. It won't add up to half the goal. I will see how much I can do anyway.... :wink:
  • woodgirls3b1
    woodgirls3b1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this challenge because my personal trainer wants me to start doing 10 miles a week and I am not much of a runner. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
  • woodgirls3b1
    woodgirls3b1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So this is 120 miles to reach at the end of March? Is there a group to join or are we supposed to post on this thread?
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    THANK YOU, LADIES, FOR JOINING ME. :flowerforyou:

THIS is the place/area/thread where you LOG EVERYTHING YOU DO. IF you are not able too reach the 120 mile goal then dont' worry about that. I started last January 2013 in a 50+ Mile challenge. I was already doing more than 50 miles. I then decided too go too a larger challenge and is where the 100 miles came in. My Husband had Open Heart Surgery in October 2013 so October thru December I never made it too 100 miles. January was really bad weather so I started adding my Exercise Bike rides in because I was not able too get outside as much... YES, Kris727 it has been a HORRIBLE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodgirls3b1 and Kris727 WELCOME too our little part of the world. Jump in and do as much as you can. ANYTHING you can do is great!

GOOD LUCK TOO US ALL...:flowerforyou:
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in as long as I can remember.

March 1: 9.25 miles (110.75 to go)
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    This sounds pretty fun! Don't know whit this weather if I can get a walk in everday but I will try, my kids and I did a 3.25 mile hike yesterday and we had a good time.
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I so need this. Hoping for the latest snow to melt so I can get outside, but till then, treadmill.
    (Tracked on fitbit, two pretty lame days)
    March 1: 1.2 miles
    March 2: 2.4 miles.
  • DaddyBeejay
    Options
    I'm in!
    For the rest of this week tho I'll still be inside on my Spin Bike and Treadmill until "Daylight Savings time change"
    I work usually till 5:00 and it still gets dark early up here in the north east........
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in and ready to take the challenge!
    Due to the snow and ice, had to use equipment in the house yesterday and today.
    I hope within the next two days to be outside. I much rather walk outside.
    I have a bike and building my ride time up. I hope by middle of the month to add that,but for now, just walking.
    Did 3.5 miles yesterday and just did another 3.5 miles!
    So for March 7 miles!
    This will be the third month where I will walk 100 +!
  • rabidgummibear
    rabidgummibear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to do this. Last time I did a walk 100 miles in a month I shed weight like crazy. My goal revolves around me actually hitting my fitbit step goal every day though (5 miles) or exceeding it.

1: 5.95 miles (fitbit)
    2: 4.14 miles (fitbit)

Total: 10.09 miles
  • brendansmithptatc
    brendansmithptatc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How about swim and bike...March 2 - 10 miles on bike, March 3 - 1 mile swim...I'm in.
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    Mar 1
    Biked 8.23 Miles, 506 calories burned

Mar 2
    Biked 17.51 miles, 794 calories burned

Mar 3
    Biked 10.47 miles, 905 calories burned (this ride has a few personal bests for me, including steepest climbs, max speed (I hit 26.1 mph)

All numbers come from a Garmin Forerunner 310XT w/ HRM
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    March 1: 9.25 treadmill and elliptical miles (110.75 to go)
    March 3: 7.5 miles treadmill (103.25 to go)
  • DaddyBeejay
    Options
    3/1 walk/jog 4.95 miles
    3/3 60min Spin intervals (not sure how to calculate spin miles, but it was a 790 calorie burn!)
  • airdiva1
    Options
    3.5 miles today! Indoor walk
    3.5 + 7 miles = 10.5 miles :smile:
  • airdiva1
    Options
    3.5 miles today! Indoor walk
    3.5 + 7 miles = 10.5 miles :smile:
    Went ahead and did the last half mile!
    so total is 4 miles!
    4 miles + 7 miles =11
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Daddybeejay...........sometimes I use the Exercise Bike AND the treadmil inside...IT'S OK!!!

THANKS EVERYONE :flowerforyou: Just do what you can and log when you can...Spring shall come soon...errrrrrrrrr I HOPE!

***************************************************************************************************************************************************
    NO walk for me yesterday...a bit under the weather..............

HOWEVER today I got a short outside walk in............................ONE MILE

ALSO EXERCISE BIKE.................................................................11.6 MILES

TOTAL THUS FAR for MARCH
    OUTSIDE WALK.....8.5 MILES...
    EXERCISE BIKE.....11.6 MILES........................