Help...newbie to MRP calculations vs BMR and TDEE

Options
I started this Mid December and am down 13lbs. My weight loss has currently stalled this month and has made me turn to these message boards for info. To lose 2lbs / week MFP had me at 1200 cal which lasted 2 days! I was so crabby haha. I switched it to 1 lb/week and it has me at 1460. I think that is too low and has stalled my weight loss.

I just did my BMR and it is 1570. I also read to never eat below your BMR...is that true?
TDEE for exercising 3xs/ week is 2162
and for no exercise 1887

I have an office job. I also do a lot of errands, cleaning, laundry afterwards.I live in WI so working out is kinda limited at the moment. I usually do Jillian Michaels or Beachbody DVDs 3-5 times/week depending on my schedule. I use a HRM so my calorie burn is pretty accurate.

Do I take the TDEE -20% and use that as my daily calorie? And is that what i want to net after working out or it doesnt matter? Which activity level do i use for the TDEE?

Thanks for the help! :)

edit: Topic: MFP calculations vs BMR and TDEE

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love the TDEE method because it already figures in your exercise calories. So you'd just eat the 1887 or 2162 (or somewhere in-between) without all the hassel of figuring out net calories.

Try it - might take a little adjusting to get your numbers just right, but it sure beats being hungry all the time.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Assume each week you workout 4 days (4) x 2163 + (3) x 1887 for non workout days = 14313 calories burned on an average week.

Divide by 7 for 2044 to eat each day.

If life happens and you don't work out at least 3 days each week, or you add in other exercise, recalculate.