Ok so.. This is happening..

Options
Hey guys, hope you're all well. I need some advice on what could be happening with my diet and excersise regime.

Currently, I am doing insanity for the second time and my results, from what I am starting to notice, are not as great as before.

(I gained all the weight back from laziness lol)

Normally within the first week, I can lose up to 8lbs, but this time.. I lost only 2lbs.

I'm not in a rush persay but... I don't quite understand why my results are a lot slower.

I have never done a workout and healthy eating plan even before insanity where I only lost 2lbs in a week. Is my body just used to everything? Have a platued? Is it just harder to lose weight when it's cold?

If you need more details
Female
5ft 8inch
228lbs
1700 calories a day

Replies

• Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you lose your weight? How old are you? age plays a part in weight loss to some extent. Also, your metabolism could have slowed a bit from the on again/off again weight loss and it may take some time to get it back.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt 8 lbs in a week is real fat loss anyway - it's likely a lot of water, etc. I wouldn't be worried about not hitting that number again. As long as you are going down at a good pace, I wouldn't worry. Look at overall trends.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    OK.......these are all things I look into when I am struggling on weight loss.....
    How much water are you drinking a day, and is your diet full of sodium? Not enough water and too much sodium will screw with your weight
    Are you on your period, more bloating yay!
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day each time you weigh yourself?
    Are you constipated?

Because 8 lbs ins't going to be true weightloss in one week. Most likely one of those factors.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, I'd definitely up your protein if it's possible.

And lots of people don't see results on the scale with insanity, but they see results in their measurements.

And you may remember from the last time, best results will come in the second month.