News Flash: Snacks are Healthy!

Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Research actually shows that snacking in between meals, or even eating 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day, is better for you than the traditional two or three larger meal routine. That is, of course, if you are eating nutritious snacks instead of the all-too-popular vending machine potato chips and soda, which many of us are drawn to.

So really, it’s a matter of making good snack choices when it’s time for a food break. Power foods are always a good bet, because they usually combine high nutrients and lower calories. These could be anything from grains to dairy to fruits and vegetables.

Healthy snack choices start at the grocery store. That’s where the decision is made to eat healthy snacks – not at the office or on the coach, but at the grocery.

You still want to watch how much of these healthy snacks you eat. This is a snack, remember, not a meal. So buy, cut up or make single servings of any snack food you can. Here are some healthy snack ideas to consider next time you head to the grocery.

Healthy Snack Ideas

Yogurt
Fruit cup
Apple
Banana
Pear
Peach
Grapes
Plum
Orange
Berries
Watermelon
Raisins
Carrots
Celery
Broccoli
Mixed nuts
Tomato
Chicken noodle soup
Cauliflower

Green or red peppers
Peanut butter crackers
Nuts
Whole wheat cereal with skim milk
Trail mix
Oatmeal
Whole wheat bagel or toast
Pure bran muffins
Fruit smoothie
Spinach
Sweet potato
Broth-based vegetable soup
Skim and low-fat milk
Bean soup

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Research actually shows that snacking in between meals, or even eating 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day, is better for you than the traditional two or three larger meal routine. That is, of course, if you are eating nutritious snacks instead of the all-too-popular vending machine potato chips and soda, which many of us are drawn to.

So really, it’s a matter of making good snack choices when it’s time for a food break. Power foods are always a good bet, because they usually combine high nutrients and lower calories. These could be anything from grains to dairy to fruits and vegetables.

Healthy snack choices start at the grocery store. That’s where the decision is made to eat healthy snacks – not at the office or on the coach, but at the grocery.

You still want to watch how much of these healthy snacks you eat. This is a snack, remember, not a meal. So buy, cut up or make single servings of any snack food you can. Here are some healthy snack ideas to consider next time you head to the grocery.

Healthy Snack Ideas

Yogurt
    Fruit cup
    Apple
    Banana
    Pear
    Peach
    Grapes
    Plum
    Orange
    Berries
    Watermelon
    Raisins
    Carrots
    Celery
    Broccoli
    Mixed nuts
    Tomato
    Chicken noodle soup
    Cauliflower

Green or red peppers
    Peanut butter crackers
    Nuts
    Whole wheat cereal with skim milk
    Trail mix
    Oatmeal
    Whole wheat bagel or toast
    Pure bran muffins
    Fruit smoothie
    Spinach
    Sweet potato
    Broth-based vegetable soup
    Skim and low-fat milk
    Bean soup
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    a great meal plan with six small meals is crosscrunch.com. i have followed that and i was reading yesterday the benefits of drinking as much water as the meal plan shows. its definitely helped me lose weight. previous to that i would have said my metabolism was slow but not any more. thank you for your words of wisdom.
  • Healthier_Me
    You don't need crosscrunch to make your 6 six or any meals.. you can do it all yourself you know.

I think you're a sales rep for crosscrunch huh?
This discussion has been closed.