HELP!!

Options
I have been at this for about a month. I have lost 13 pounds so far, with a goal weight loss of 150 pounds. My friends and family are very supportive. I have a gym membership and I try to eat right without cheating often. I need advice on the best types of foods and exercises to perform in order to see major weight loss. I am very bottom heavy, with large hips and thighs and a tummy. I need advice on how to lose the bottom and thigh weight.

Thanks!

Replies

• amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I have only been on MFP for a week, but I have watched calories for awhile and I am in the same boat as you! I am eagerly awaiting reply to your question...
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I think you already are seeing "major weight loss' - great job!! As far as what to eat - it's pretty simple: ditch the processed foods (including processed sugars! - "regular" sugar included) and eat most of your calories from fresh veggies/fruit, lean meats, beans, nuts/seeds, healthy oils, whole grains, and dairy as possible. Watch your sodium, which won't be hard if you cut out most processed foods. Drink mostly water. Stick to this and you'll feel sooo much better. I've found you can technically lose weight eating crappy foods, but I feel so much better (which makes it easier to stick to the plan) when I'm eating well.
  • AshleyLEldred
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice. I am excited about the 13 pounds. My boyfriend is very supportive and reminds me if ever I start to falter that I am the one that wanted to do this. I am simply wondering if there is a way to target hip and butt fat specifically through exercise etc.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice. I am excited about the 13 pounds. My boyfriend is very supportive and reminds me if ever I start to falter that I am the one that wanted to do this. I am simply wondering if there is a way to target hip and butt fat specifically through exercise etc.

Nope - sorry, you can't "spot lose" unfortunately. I don't know the technical speak behind it, but people ask this question all the time on here and the answer is always the same. Sorry. Just keep up the good work, and eventually things will fall into place. :smile:
  • FitterZone
    FitterZone Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello

Congratulations on the 13lbs - that is awesome. The quick answer to your question is that there isn't a way to isloate fat burning to one specific part of the body. You are doing the right thing by knowing what you put into your body.

I have lost 25 pounds since May 30th by focusing on calroies - calories burned. I have a body bugg that tells me the latter. As far as foods to eat, I reccomend a gradual decrease of the fatty foods (cut back a little at a time) and focus on lean meats, complex carbs and vegtables - all with portion control.

I also, take it slow and allow yourself a 1 portioned controlled cheat meal.

The majority of weight loss is mental focus and not going back to old habits - it is not a diet but rather a gradual change in lifestyle - I say gradual becasue most behavior changes will fail if they are too sudden.

Good Luck..