Help!! How do I slim my thighs?

Options
I've been working at this weight loss/lifestyle change thing for a while now in May of last yr I was 135 or higher, got weighed today and I'm 122lbs. My arms are thin, my waist is pretty slim/trim, my butt has gotten smaller (thank God!) but my thighs are so stubborn. My legs are the last to go. My legs have thinned a little since I started but they're still at a gigantic 21 inches! They aren't fatty though when I extend my legs and pinch (I read somewhere about the fat or muscle trick) I literally have almost nothing to grab. I don't get how I wear a dress size zero (in some stores) but my legs are 21 inches!!! My quads are huge! I want those tiny little thin tennis girl legs but I have muscular soccer chick legs or something. I've decreased resistance on bikes, ellipticals etc. I do nothing but cardio and abs. HELP! I'm beyond frustrated. My waist fits a size 2 in jeans but then I've gotta go up a size just to fit my legs. Next option plastic surgery haha jk... Maybe

Ps: sorry for any spelling/grammar errors. I'm on my iphone and my phone is weird.

Replies

• timrpm
    timrpm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I guess you've got 'stallion' legs. Some things are genetic. Lots of guys will find that sexy so you might have to roll with it!
  • Simonnnna
    Simonnnna Posts: 49
    Options
    Like the other person said, maybe it's genetics. Do you do squats? Because those can build muscle in legs if you do them enough. Running or jogging or the best exercise for legs so eventually they should get thinner :)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can spot reduce, I have the same issue with my tummy, it's just the genetic cards you get dealt, and if there's no fat, surgery will do nothing as they certainly can't remove healthy muscle. Your figure looks fabulous and size 4 jeans is nothing to get hung up on :) xxx
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    I have thicker thighs, as do my mother and grandmother. We have the wide hips, big butt and thicker thighs. I was okay with slightly thicker thighs, but my calves were what bugged me, they are big and muscular like a true country girl out in the woods or working a ranch; oh how appalled I was, I wanted thin girl dainty legs. My boyfriend got me to work through that hang up because he said that women with stronger legs are sexy, it means we can go hiking together :P lol.

It is in my genetics to have wider hips, big butt and thicker thighs with sturdy calves... I have come to terms with it, even come to love the strength I draw from them when standing on public transit. :)
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs and little stick calves. Grandma called them "chicken legs".. No matter how much weight I lose or what kind of shape I'm in, they stay big and always have some jiggle. The weird thing is though, I actually have gotten alot of complements on them from both men and women. I guess we want what we can't have. Sometimes i work on my big thigh acceptance; i look at pictures of sexy celebritites with big thighs and then I watch the honkey tonk badonkadonk video. Those poor girls with perfect bodies don't have a thing to wiggly in their short shorts. Makes me feelless envious.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Is your goal to look like a prepubescent boy?!
  • DustyMarie506
    Options
    If you ever find the answer to this question, please do share! I have the same problem, and as others have said, I believe much of it is due to the hand we have been dealt (genetically speaking). I have yet to find a pair of pants that fits both my hips, thighs, backside...as well as my waist. I typically have to go one or two sizes up from my waist size just to fit my "problem" areas.

The only advice I can give is from personal experience. I trained for a 5k several months ago and saw a noticeable difference in those areas. Running seemed to target those specific areas more effectively than anything else I have tried. In the end, I believe we are going to have to work with what we have been given. Everyone's body is unique. If you are healthy and feel confident, try to stay focused on that. Trust me, as a woman, I know that is not always the easiest thing to do.