Best fibre snacks to have with a meal replacement shakes

Options
My meal replacement shake is 180 calories with water but skim milk is 360 calories. But I feel like I want to munch on something with my shake. Whats good with a lot of fibre and vitamins, minerals etc? I am limited too 2500 calories to 3000 if i'm splurging on that day.

Replies

• joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    fruits, pear, apples, strawberry, etc.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Try eating food. With 2500 calories a day you have plenty of options that will fill you up and provide far better nutrition than meal replacements
  • IrishGabriella
    IrishGabriella Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My meal replacement shake is 180 calories with water but skim milk is 360 calories. But I feel like I want to munch on something with my shake. Whats good with a lot of fibre and vitamins, minerals etc? I am limited too 2500 calories to 3000 if i'm splurging on that day.

Meal replacement shake is a bad thing to mention on here! It's like a red rag to a bull. I learnt that the hard way!
    You're on a great amount of calories though which is usually not the case on those kind of diets so you're going to confuse the people that come on to rant at you about the dangers of VLCDs. :laugh:

Try googling high fibre snacks or food. Also you could try taking a multivitamin maybe. How many shakes are you on a day?
  • IrishGabriella
    IrishGabriella Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I guess I killed this thread!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    OP, honestly....with 2500 calories a day you can have 600 calories at each meal and still have 500 calories left over for snacks throughout the day. I eat 1800 calories a day and don't do meal replacement shakes, I like eating food lol.

But....if that is the way you truly want to go about it...oatmeal, hummus, whole grain things have a decent amount of fiber per serving.