Increasing protein; especially at breakfast.

Options
Could anyone please suggest easy and quick ways to add protein at breakfast? I have two kids to do the school run with so it needs to be easy, preferably able to add to cereal. Thanks!

Replies

• jennaandthemoon
    Options
    Peanut Butter! Or PB2....

You can pretty much add peanut butter to anything and it will be delicious.. And full of protein.

I eat peanut butter with a spoon... so... You can do that too lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg. You can cook them advance. You can even peel them in advance and store them in the fridge in a bowl of water.
  • ElaineMarianne
    Options
    Both great suggestions that I hadn't thought of! Thank you :-)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

You can pretty much add peanut butter to anything and it will be delicious..
    Peanut butter and delicious. Two words that don't go together!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a better source of fat not protein. Anyway, OP just get creative, eggs, bacon, Greek yogurt, protein powder (super conveinient) are all good sources of protein.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Greek Yogurt !!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Back bacon, Lean sausages, meat balls, eggs, protein pancakes (made from oats, eggs, milk)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    eggs and egg whites, bacon, sausage, cheese
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Any kind of eggs…I highly recommend poached eggs: pour some water into a mug, stick it in the microwave for a minute, then crack an egg into the heated water…pop back in the microwave for about 45 seconds - bam! Poached egg!

I usually have it on a roll or on wholemeal toast - had a poached egg roll this morning - twas delicious!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon is a protein nuke. If I have this in the morning, I have no problem hitting my ambitious protein goals.
  • timrpm
    timrpm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    +1 Scrambled eggs and bacon - cut off the rind and you cut out lots of the fat in the bacon.
  • ElaineMarianne
    Options
    Thank you so much for lots of suggestions. I particularly like the microwave poached egg! :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great too. You can just add cereal or granola on top. Or buy some protein powder, make a big batch of oatmeal once a week and reheat that, add some protein powder in the morning, and you're good to go.
  • s_ireland1970
    s_ireland1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!! I love the poached egg in the microwave. :) I have also heard... but have not tried this yet... is pancakes using only two ingredients - a banana and 2 eggs - believe it or not. I think it was on the Dr. Oz show that I saw this.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can add some protein powder to cereal? Never tried it personally though.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Another fan of greek yogurt! I just use it in my cereal instead of milk and I have over 30g of protein in:)
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Eggs. Simple to make. Complete. And, you can make them in advance.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    egg whites, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, turkey sausage
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Eggs

Greek yogurt

Protein powder in a smoothie

Quinoa

Leftover meat from dinner (I eat that but you may not be up for it)

Nut butters
  • kisha1967
    kisha1967 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, I try to eat one everyone morning along with a bottle of water. It's a great way to start the day.