When should meals be eaten?

Options
When should meals be eaten? I had breakfast at 10 am, now when should I eat for lunch dinner?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    When you're hungry. Meal timing is irrelevant in weight loss. Total calories are what count more than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It's entirely up to you. You need to find what works best for you and fits in with your schedule.

Because of my work schedule, I have breakfast at 8am, lunch at 1pm and dinner at 6. I also snack at 11am, 3pm and 8pm (plus if I have calories left over, I'll snack more than this). It took me a while to figure out what worked for me and what kept me from getting hungry and fed up. I find it helpful to plan out the time of my eating so that I don't consume all my calories too early in the day and starve for the rest. But everyone is different!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It doesn't truly matter; different things work for different people. I like to evenly space out my meals and snacks, but if you tend to be hungrier earlier or later, you don't need to.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When you're hungry. Meal timing is irrelevant in weight loss. Total calories are what count more than anything else.

IDEA Fitness member

this
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

this
    It doesn't truly matter; different things work for different people. I like to evenly space out my meals and snacks, but if you tend to be hungrier earlier or later, you don't need to.

+1