Walden Syrups and Dressings .. Buy one get one free

Omnidir
Omnidir Posts: 10 Member
For those who like.. or want to try.. Walden products they are on sale in Texas Sprouts.. and maybe other places.

Walden products are "fat free, sugar free, calorie free"

Normal price 3.99 per 12 ounce bottle, so 2 for 1 is a good deal if you like the product.

The verdict is still out with me. I tried the blueberry syrup in my oatmeal. It does give some flavor, and a bit of "sweet" to balance the bland of the oatmeal, but there is an aftertaste.

I THINK the sale lasts till 3/12.

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Weird chemicals. I'm very wary of anything that has zero calories, zero fat, zero sugar, etc. I like real things I can pronounce.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    The dirty little secret is, products with </= 4.99999 calories per serving (it's up to the company to decide serving sizes) the FDA encourages them to list the products as "zero" calories. Things like Walden Farms, diet sodas, etc. have some calories but less than five/serving so they don't have to list them.

Having said that, I like Walden Farms chocolate and caramel syrups, marshmallow cream and jellies. Other foods, like their ranch dressing are kind of yucky because they are so sickly sweet and shouldn't be.