Injuries... Can do without them!!

FemininGuns
FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So... I have been denying, for the past 2 weeks, that I have an injury. It was abundantly clear that I have to FINALLY pay attention to it (was limping like crazy after my 6K run and resorted to popping a couple of advils). I have this pinching pain above my right butt cheek... that zaps down my right leg and then zings the outside of my right knee... I'm a runner - so I know that this is probably because of the IT band (UGH!) So I'm a little discouraged because I have found my love for running again (and have lost some lbs because of it)... and now may have to take a break from it.... AGAIN!

Anyway, I thought about just doing some stationary bike... Might be a little less impact on the "OMG! THAT HURTS" zones... Any advice/experiences that you can share for encouragement? I am going to see a physio tomorrow morning, sure he/she will have many pointers for me.... BUT, I always like second opinions.

Thanks!

Replies

• CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    That really stinks....I don't know about leg injuries but I had some sort of should thing (from all the pushups) and it really hurt for a few weeks but I just took it easy on it and now it is fine...hopefully it will be the same for you.....Do you know where there is an indoor pool....swimming is one of the best total body workouts....Just think of all the really hot lifeguards....It is the swimming that gives them those bodies.
  • It sounds more like sciatica if it is pinching. I would try stretching the leg out as much as possible. I hope the physio gives you some answers tomorrow - in the meantime I'm sending hugs xxx
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    It sounds more like sciatica if it is pinching. I would try stretching the leg out as much as possible. I hope the physio gives you some answers tomorrow - in the meantime I'm sending hugs xxx

exactly my thought.

I had issues with my sciatic nerve when pregnant and you just described it perfectly, so I'm gonna say that's it!
This discussion has been closed.