Sick

Options
Ugh, didn't I *just* get over this bloody cold?
Well, I guess not...I guess it was a few months ago...but here I am sick again with a lovely Spring cold to welcome the warmer weather. =o/

This happens to me with every season change almost...arg.
So, I haven't worked out in a week, I feel like pooooooooop and that kinda makes me not care what I eat .............if I eat anything...
and yep.......gimmie some get well prayers please! lol
I don't want to take antibiotics again!! :sad:

edit// yeah I'm not on antibiotics yet, but I am worried this will turn to something worse...it's going down in to my tubes (chest) and It's nasty.
Anyway, I've had lots of stress this past week too...hubby got his tonsils out, he's been sick- ughhh! lol

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Ugh, didn't I *just* get over this bloody cold?
    Well, I guess not...I guess it was a few months ago...but here I am sick again with a lovely Spring cold to welcome the warmer weather. =o/

This happens to me with every season change almost...arg.
    So, I haven't worked out in a week, I feel like pooooooooop and that kinda makes me not care what I eat .............if I eat anything...
    and yep.......gimmie some get well prayers please! lol
    I don't want to take antibiotics again!! :sad:

edit// yeah I'm not on antibiotics yet, but I am worried this will turn to something worse...it's going down in to my tubes (chest) and It's nasty.
    Anyway, I've had lots of stress this past week too...hubby got his tonsils out, he's been sick- ughhh! lol
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling so crappy! If it's a cold though you shouldn't be getting antibiotics for it as antibiotics can only help fight bacterial infections and not viral infections and colds are viral infections. The only reason i say this is becasue anti-biotics tend to be very overprescribed by doctors and you can build up a resistance to them. ANyway I hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awww sorry hon....if it makes you feel any better we have sickness in the house too....first my sweet son, then he gave it to daddy and now I'm sick, fever, cough, running nose, headache, tummy ache, sore throat.....its running its course and its nasty...sigh....

here's to a healthy summer for us all!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    My little one just got over strep throat for the second time within a month. Luckily Ive seemed to avoid it! Hope you are feeling better soon :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling so crappy! If it's a cold though you shouldn't be getting antibiotics for it as antibiotics can only help fight bacterial infections and not viral infections and colds are viral infections. The only reason i say this is becasue anti-biotics tend to be very overprescribed by doctors and you can build up a resistance to them. ANyway I hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:

It's a headcold that is going down in to my chest...the stuff coming out of me is SOOO not attractive LOL
    That's why I said I DON'T want to get anymore antibiotics again (I haven't had any in a while) but I have taken too many over my life IMO! lol
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Add me to the sick list. YUCK! The weather here has been hot and cold, up and down and it's just amazing that I haven't gotten it before now. My baby has been dealing with this and now it's my turn. I'm with you Mamapants. I usually get sick at the turn of the seasons for fall/spring. Probably triggered by allergies, but still feeling yuck. After almost no sleep last night, I don't think I'll be up for a workout today either.

Hope you are feeling better soon. If your chest is hurting when you cough and it's not attractive, it's probably time to see your doctor. Maybe you could talk to him/her about your feelings about antibiotics. Perhaps there's another course that you could follow to help you get better quicker. Stress is never easy on the immune system and it sounds like you have had quite a bit on your plate. :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hope you get better soon! Eat some chicken soup, it really does seem to work. Rest and drink plenty of water, and you'll be back at it in no time:flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Add me to the sick list. YUCK! The weather here has been hot and cold, up and down and it's just amazing that I haven't gotten it before now. My baby has been dealing with this and now it's my turn. I'm with you Mamapants. I usually get sick at the turn of the seasons for fall/spring. Probably triggered by allergies, but still feeling yuck. After almost no sleep last night, I don't think I'll be up for a workout today either.

Hope you are feeling better soon. If your chest is hurting when you cough and it's not attractive, it's probably time to see your doctor. Maybe you could talk to him/her about your feelings about antibiotics. Perhaps there's another course that you could follow to help you get better quicker. Stress is never easy on the immune system and it sounds like you have had quite a bit on your plate. :flowerforyou:

That sucks that you're sick tooooooo gross =o/
    Yeah I definately have allergies (yay us!) lol...so that probably has a lot to do with it.
    Someone told me a herb to try to boost my immune system on another site I use...what was it called?? I think it was *Elderberry*...but before anyone runs out and buys it, read up on it first to make sure I have the right name. =o)