Low calorie treats???

Options
This is my third day. The only way that I have been able to keep my calories from going over is to go to the gym. I have also been eating a lot more fruit and vegetables. I keep messing up the calorie with sweet treats. I had a rice crispy treat, and ice cream and a cookie in the last couple days. This makes it so I keep going over. Are there any suggestions on low calorie treats? I don't seem to be willing to give them up completely. I did buy a box of sugar free fudgsicles that are only 40 calories each and it seems like a great start -- any more suggestions?

Replies

• fun_mom
    Options
    I could not stick to this change in my eating without my evening sweet treat so I always make sure I have at least 150 calories left at the end of the day so I can have one of my single serving cups of skinny cow or edy's light ice cream. YUM!
  • josh6603
    Options
    Strawberries sprinkled with Truvia. Soothes the sweet tooth and is a healthy snack.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I like Orville Redenbacker movie theater butter popcorn. These have me convinced that those 100 calorie packs of "lite" popcorn are utter bull****. And entire, full bag of this popcorn is only 88 calories and is very delicious. As far as sweets there are a lot of 100 calorie pack options, just check it out at your local grocery store.

Be careful not fall into the dried fruit trap!
  • aussiechicago
    Options
    100 Calorie snack packs are a great way to be able to splurge and still keep track.
    Hummous is also another way to cheat! It is sooo good, and if you eat it with carrots, it is pretty tasty.
    If you like sweets, then I would recommend looking at Whole Foods. They have lot's of items with natural ingredients that taste good and are better for your than the alternative.
  • ssanchez41010
    ssanchez41010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My snacks are the whole almonds, occasionally with chocolate, Chocolate Crunch Rice Cake, Kettle Corn Popcorn, grapes, and sunflower seeds. They all help curve my appetite.
  • erinkate82
    Options
    I would suggest the 100 calorie cookie packs or pudding packs. Also, if fruit just isn't cutting it - try spicing it up! Add jello to your grapes, apples, etc. This gives you the sweetness you want without the calories!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=23930
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    Quaker smores bars. Choc. chip bars and other varities, Italian Ice cup, sugar free choc. pops, sugar free pudding and jello, yougart , fruit, fat free pop corn, rice cakes many flavors low in calories, snack 100 cal. packs
  • jennienelson
    Options
    Salty stuff I go for 100 calorie packs For sweet stuff I eat Sugar free jello...the pudding is perfect for chocolate cravings!
  • Squash97
    Options
    My daily indulgence is a skinny cow Ice Cream Cone. 150 Calories.
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Most of my snacks are fruit, so I choose watermelon, apples, oranges, bananas, grapes. So yummy and I get my fruit/veg count up at the same time.

I used to crave sugary treats much more. I think my taste buds are morphing. I now prefer nature's bounty and don't even want the processed junk. I am sure that occassionally I will have some good old junk, but for now... I am loving this new, improved way of living.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Dark Chcolate Nibs are my saviour. They are little pieces of chocolate that are 1 calorie each.
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    For me, I have to do this for life and the only way I'll make it is to have it be semi normal. Portion control and exercise calories help alot. My daily treat is quite often a McDonalds Icecream cone. 150 sweet, creamy calories.
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I put a little choc. syrup sugar free on a gram cracker then 2 tbsp lite cool while and freeze it.. very good stuff
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    100 calorie Klondike ice cream sandwiches. YUM!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    As far as sweets go, I LOOOOOVE the whole fruit popsicles. They are less than 100 calories for a regular sized popsicle, and the small ones are more like 40-45. They have lots of flavors too - my faves are strawberry, lemonade, and blueberry pomegranate.

For savory, I like to make a cheese rice cake topped with cottage cheese and a dash of garlic powder and dried basil. Mmmmm. =)
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I buy a large container of black seedless grapes, wash them and then freeze them in small tupperware containers. About 30 grapes = 48 calories, 12 carbs and 1 g of fiber. And they are quite thirst quenching and tasty.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    The Werther's sugar free hard candies are great and come in several flavors. I only suck on one when I get a sweet craving, and it seems to do the trick, but there are only 40 calories in 5 of them. Just be sure with the 100 calorie packs and fruit that you are keeping track of the sugar content, it sure can sabotage your efforts.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I like the mini carmel corn rice cakes, also skinny cow ice cream sandwiches or klondike slim bars, popcorn or kettlecorn is also good. and yes the ice cream cones from mc donalds only 150 calories and good
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Love the Nabisco 100 calorie packs -- chocolate covered pretzels. Yummy. Also, sugar free hard candy.