Press restart

Options
I was a pretty consistent MFP user a few years ago but led a very sedentary life - you know the usual desk job, which in turn led to boredom and constant snacking to get me through the day. I should have known better, as I have a degree in nutrition and sport science (don't laugh!). Then I quite my job to work from home, first as a translator for the easy bucks until I found an opportunity to do something I loved, and finally my dream job as a design consultant. I have been working from home for almost a year now, and for the past 6 months I have been hitting the gym with a personal trainer 3 times a week (1 hour).

Around the same time I left my office job, I also stopped using MFP - not as a conscious decision but I did at the same time start going to WW again. The points system had changed though, and I think I've found over the year or so since I started back at WW that the new system does not work for me. So back to MFP for me, but I'm hoping that this time the combination of exercise and less laziness in logging on will hopefully help me sort myself out!

Replies

• rnbrat97
    rnbrat97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP, but was in WW for many years. I made it to lifetime there and when I went back to school, I wasn't able to make it to meetings or exercise as much. The weight started to come back. I really like MFP for the nutritional info. I am really interested to learn more about how nutrition affects the body. I have a mostly sedentary job too. I basically make myself get on my treadmill at least three times per week. I need to get back into strength training too.
    That's awesome to be able to work with a trainer. I would love that but can't afford it. Good luck to you and keep up the good work!!!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP fairly consistently again for the past couple weeks; I lost 4 lbs and then another 1.5 lbs. I think I definitely prefer it; the nutritional info is hepul, as I could never understand what the points values on WW represented with the new system!!