Where to buy transition jeans?? (Plus sized female)

Options
2»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Goodwill or Salvation Army. You will spend little, and you can donate them back when you shrink out of them.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I donate mine to Goodwill but I will never buy from them… In this area they charge 10.00 for jeans, I think that is to much when we are giving it to them for free. I find cheaper in Marshalls or clearance in any of the department stores.

Jeans at the Goodwill in my town are under 5.00. Try to match that price at Marshall's.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I agree with the thrift shop option. If that's not your choice, try to buy the Lee brand, if you have an outlet shopping center near you, you can go to Vanity Fair, or google it, they have an online store now and you can get "irregulars", sometimes for as low as $7 in a wide variety of sizes and they are not irregular irregular (not one leg shorter or things like that!!), may be a sewing issue, just look before you buy. Good luckl!!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I swear we need a MFP clothing swap!

I buy my clothes for the most part at thrift stores but you can also try Walmart, Target, and mens jeans. Maybe just live in Yoga pants until you drop down to a true size lower in the jeans you love?
  • sarahdaniels600
    Options
    This is another reason why I don't bother with jeans and I just stick to leggings. Leggings will last me through 2 dress sizes, easily before the elastic starts to hurt or the legs become too loose. I don't own a pair of jeans and will never bother with them.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Just looked at Target.. what a load of crap. There is a plus sized section but I saw one rack.. Why bother? And it's mixed in with maternity.
  • reneeniz
    reneeniz Posts: 1
    Options
    I purchase mine at Forever 21+. They're about $15? Have plenty of give. :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Thrift store.
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We have a bunch of really good second hand stores in my town so when I need to get transitional items, those are my first stop.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just looked at Target.. what a load of crap. There is a plus sized section but I saw one rack.. Why bother? And it's mixed in with maternity.

Right??? Can't tell you how many times I finally found something cute, only to realize it was actually maternity.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    goodwill
  • grasshoppermegan
    Options
    I don't know where you live but we have a Beall's Outlet, I love it - they have lots of options, with brand names for cheaper than anywhere else. They carry brands that WalMart doesn't sometimes at thrift store prices. I have even at times bought a name brand piece of clothing for $2-3! In fact since both my hubby and I are losing - it has become a love-hate relationship, as we are plunging through transition sizes! Ross Dress for Less often has great prices too.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try Walmart. They have a good variety of jeans and casual pants. I have a VERY difficult time finding jeans that fit (I'm pear-shaped) but I lucked out one day and found a pair - with spandex blend - marked down to $10.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross, and eBay.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Marshalls and Ross are discount stores--if you have them in your area they have great deals at times.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I shop at thrift stores and don't plan to stop once I've reached maintenance. I'm cheap like that.
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another vote for eBay!! (I know a lady who sells there...)
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'd suggest maternity, lol. As I've lost weight, pulling some maternity wear out of the closet has really helped me. Part of that is the way I'm shaped and where I'm losing (losing slowly on hips and much more rapidly up top). But it might be worth checking out. Some people really don't like wearing maternity if they aren't pregnant, which I do understand.