Severe bloating always

Options
Despite my efforts I tend to bloat severely quite often. Even today, it's 2pm and all I've had is a kombucha and water, and my lower abdomen looks like it has a basketball inside. It's very rare that I'm without this thing. My doctor told me it was normal (I can gain 8-10lbs in a week without changing my diet, not to mention) since I'm 22. "From hormones". He told me to take laxatives and psyllium, and although the psyllium worked at first lately I find it takes too long to go through my system (around 2 weeks) and I also am told it's unhealthy to take it regularly. Plus I keep forgetting!

I feel like it discourages me a lot and makes me want to "cheat". What are some ways to de bloat?

Even at work -- I serve in a pub, and frequently don't eat anything until I get off work at midnight --- by the end of my shift I'm still pretty bloated. Off of nothing. What's the deal!?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    galaxy, if that is you in your picture, GET YOURSELF TO A DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY. LIKE TODAY.

Bloating (or your perception of "bloat") is due to your extreme anorexia.

Eating Disorders Help:

Call our toll free, confidential Helpline at 1-800-931-2237

or:
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/information-referral-helpline
    Click to chat with a Helpline volunteer

We are here every Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST). Our helpline volunteers will be there to offer support and guidance with compassion and understanding.

(edited to add links)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    galaxy, if that is you in your picture, GET YOURSELF TO A DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY. LIKE TODAY.

Bloating (or your perception of "bloat") is due to your extreme anorexia.

Eating Disorders Help:

Call our toll free, confidential Helpline at 1-800-931-2237
    Click to chat with a Helpline volunteer

We are here every Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST). Our helpline volunteers will be there to offer support and guidance with compassion and understanding.

Looked at OP's previous posts and all I'm going to say is ^This. PLEASE SEEK HELP! NOW!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Galaxy,

Please listen to these kind people who tell you to get help for your heating disorder. I see where you are almost 6 ft (5 ft 11?) and, at least awhile back, weighed about 120. That's not healthy. Please, PLEASE, get help.

Get a new doctor, too, as it sounds like he does not know how to recognize eating disorders.
  • galaxy119
    galaxy119 Posts: 20
    Options
    My doctor isn't concerned with my weight. I'm a lot heavier than 120. Forget I asked then, I'll just grin and bear it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    My doctor isn't concerned with my weight. I'm a lot heavier than 120. Forget I asked then, I'll just grin and bear it.

You might want to change your picture and profile and the way you think about your body and food, then.

Good Luck.
    67667 Posts: 14
    Options
    Despite my efforts I tend to bloat severely quite often. Even today, it's 2pm and all I've had is a kombucha and water, and my lower abdomen looks like it has a basketball inside. It's very rare that I'm without this thing. My doctor told me it was normal (I can gain 8-10lbs in a week without changing my diet, not to mention) since I'm 22. "From hormones". He told me to take laxatives and psyllium, and although the psyllium worked at first lately I find it takes too long to go through my system (around 2 weeks) and I also am told it's unhealthy to take it regularly. Plus I keep forgetting!

I feel like it discourages me a lot and makes me want to "cheat". What are some ways to de bloat?

Even at work -- I serve in a pub, and frequently don't eat anything until I get off work at midnight --- by the end of my shift I'm still pretty bloated. Off of nothing. What's the deal!?
    i deal with bloating as well. i make sure to eat breakfast in the morning and drink lots of water throughout the day.