Let's talk tea!

Options
Since tea is said to be a drink that promotes healthy living, I've decided that I want to start drinking more of it but there are so many brands and types that I don't know which tea to purchase.

So what types of teas are healthiest? What is your favorite type of tea? What brand do you purchase?

Replies

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm all about loose leaf teas. White, green, and oolong are said to have the most health benefits. David's Tea (www.davidstea.com) and Teavana (www.teavana.com) are my favourite retailers. The stuff they sell is just heaven in a cup.
  • itsskyhigh
    Options
    Green tea boosts the female matabolism! And so does lemon/lemon juice. I drink a cup with a few drops of lemon a day. Honestly doesnt taste very good unless its very warm/hot.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm Chinese, so at home I normally have loose leaf teas. Green and white tea are pretty good. Go to the tea shops and try samples! That way you won't spend a lot of money on a tea you may not enjoy.
  • kristixo
    kristixo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am just enjoying a cup of celestial seasonings cinnamon apple tea. It is so soooo good, especially if you like cinnamon :) Highly recommend !
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Teavana jasmine green tea is awesome.

Hell, anything from Teavana is pretty awesome.
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also buy loose leaf teas from Teavana and David's Tea.

My favourite tea right now is Sakura Allure from Teavana; I pour the hot steeped tea over ice for a delicious iced tea. No additional sugar is necessary. :heart:
  • TAS82
    TAS82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Steeped Tea is a Canadian Company that has amazing loose leaf teas! They are so delicious.They are alot like the David's Tea
  • OneStepLighter
    OneStepLighter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Most green or white teas are pretty good! My two favorites are Twinings Jasmine Green Tea & Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice. Delicious! :)
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of oolong tea and jasmine green tea. I would just suggest that you buy whatever tea you think sounds good.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I drink vanilla chai by Bigelow, I add a tbs of vanilla flavored creamer to it. Sometimes I drink it instead of coffee.
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love the bigelow teas, vanilla chi is amazing and so is the raspberry'
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Green tea boosts the female matabolism! And so does lemon/lemon juice.

lol

no it doesn't
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Builders' tea loose leaf in a teapot and I'll read your tea leaves for you if you like!

If I'm being posh - Assam or Lady Grey.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Cornsilk tea and barley tea and persimmon leaf tea are pretty popular here (Korea). I prefer mint tea.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of green and white teas. I prefer Davids Teas
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    The kind you make in the sun. Then add ice. Then drink. Perfect.
  • scrumdidlly
    scrumdidlly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's really a matter of personal preference. I go to Teavana and they are great because they let you smell the teas first so you can mostly get an idea of what they taste like. They sell it by the cup or loose leaf so you can try before you buy and they always have lots of samples. I've never been there but I've heard David's Tea is basically the same idea.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yogi kambucha green tea. Try it you will like it. If you don't like it, I will still like it. But, I know you will like it. So, try it.
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you're going to start drinking tea for its health benefits, read this first:

http://foodbabe.com/2013/08/21/do-you-know-whats-really-in-your-tea/

I have been a huge tea drinker since childhood. I'm not saying you should care about chemicals, GMO's and all that stuff (some people don't) but if you're going to drink tea as a new healthy habit you might want to read about the health risks created by manufacturing first.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Tea for me is like coffee for others - I really enjoy a cup or two each morning as I get ready for work or relaxing on a weekend morning. I drink it because I like the taste.

I drink mostly Choice brand green tea, oolong or black. The black I add a little sweetener. In the summer I like all those iced.