Late night snacks

Options
Hi! So my biggest issue is defenitely late night snacks. Even though I'm really good at being responsible during the day and not over eat anything, at night I feel like i can't even conteol mysel and i get these intense cravings usually for sugar. So I was wondering if anyone ha an advice for me or has ever been through this. When I'm in bed and I think about all the sugar I just ate, I feel so ashamed and dissapoonted in myself. Is there any low calorie snacks I can est instead of sweets? I just feel bad an I feel like I'll never get this late night snack thing under control...

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi! So my biggest issue is defenitely late night snacks. Even though I'm really good at being responsible during the day and not over eat anything, at night I feel like i can't even conteol mysel and i get these intense cravings usually for sugar. So I was wondering if anyone ha an advice for me or has ever been through this. When I'm in bed and I think about all the sugar I just ate, I feel so ashamed and dissapoonted in myself. Is there any low calorie snacks I can est instead of sweets? I just feel bad an I feel like I'll never get this late night snack thing under control...

Could try a piece of fruit before bed, still sugar but not processed so healthier. Or move to a protein snack with your carb - a piece of low fat cheese with a few crackers, etc. Protein slows down the insulin response. That could help
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fit yummy portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing. Save some calories for an after-dinner snack.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking of this today! i'm great all day, then nighttime hits and its like i haven't eaten in a year! it sucks so hard. but just log it and make it fit. or go to bed before the cravings hit! haha.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I dip apple slices in vanilla flavored greek yogurt.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'll make meringue cookies with stevia... I usually make 4 egg whites worth, if I eat the whole batch I am guilt free because I've eaten a whole 60 calories and 7 grams of protein.
  • Sarasloane
    Options
    IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT , STOP EATING CARBSM SUGER AND SALT, AND YOU WILL STOP THINKING ABOUT HAVING LATE SNAKS OR EVEN CRAVE AND FEELING HUNGRY FOR FOOD OR SOMETHING SWEET.

IT WILL BE HARD AT THE START BUT YOU WILL NOTICE YOUR SELF NOT CRAVING FOR LATE SNAKS AS BEFORE.. YOU MIGHT FEEL HUNGRY A BIT, BUT TRUST ME THE DESIER WILL DISAPPEAR .

:)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT , STOP EATING CARBSM SUGER AND SALT, AND YOU WILL STOP THINKING ABOUT HAVING LATE SNAKS OR EVEN CRAVE AND FEELING HUNGRY FOR FOOD OR SOMETHING SWEET.

IT WILL BE HARD AT THE START BUT YOU WILL NOTICE YOUR SELF NOT CRAVING FOR LATE SNAKS AS BEFORE.. YOU MIGHT FEEL HUNGRY A BIT, BUT TRUST ME THE DESIER WILL DISAPPEAR .

Not necessary at all...

If you want to lose weight...eat at a calorie deficit. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss, it is purely based on personal adherence to their diet and performance in training. For sustainability, I've found an 80/20 approach. Basically, 80 % of my calories are from nutrient dense whole foods, 20% are not so much ;P. I find the best way to succeed is to not deprive and portion fun calories into my day. If you find yourself hungry, check out your protein and fat macro, make sure you're getting enough.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Utter nonsense. One does not need to stop eating carbs, sugar and salt to stop cravings. Seriously.