losing weight; will eating 500 below my TDEE be safe?

Options
will i be able to *function*? by eating above BMR and below TDEE.... will i still have energy? is it SAFE?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    500 calories below your TDEE would be perfect for a 1 lb per week weight loss. It's when you create very large deficits, 1000+ that it makes it difficult to get adequate nutrition.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    500 calories below your TDEE would be perfect for a 1 lb per week weight loss. It's when you create very large deficits, 1000+ that it makes it difficult to get adequate nutrition.

Thank you. I have no idea why but ive suddenly gotten so worried about safety/functioning. ive always had a fear of fainting in public :P
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

Thank you. I have no idea why but ive suddenly gotten so worried about safety/functioning. ive always had a fear of fainting in public :P

Just make sure you have a balanced diet of carbs, fat and protein. MFP is a bit light on protein and many will suggest dropping carbs. I like macros around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. But without eating below your TDEE, you won't lose weight.
  • amandakev88
    Options

Just make sure you have a balanced diet of carbs, fat and protein. MFP is a bit light on protein and many will suggest dropping carbs. I like macros around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. But without eating below your TDEE, you won't lose weight.

OK. so its safe, as long as im getting proper nutrition? is that kinda what the point is here?
  • amandakev88
    Options
    ok. ignore me. just read in place of a road map. said BMR is whats required to function, and receive nutrients, and what the drs would give you to survive. =] thank you, psul.!