family AND diet friendly recipes???

Options
Does anyone know of a website where I could find easy recipes that are diet friendly AND family friendly? I have 3 little kids and a husband who is not interested in 'diet food.' I'm not much of a cook...but I'm willing to try new recipes as long as they're easy. Where do you all find your recipes?

Replies

• amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use http://allrecipes.com/. There is a section where you can pick healthy food and then pick low calories. http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Low-Calorie/Main.aspx
  • chichi1967
    Options
    I love bethanny frankel's website. she's a natural chef & used to be on real housewives of new york..she has simple meals.

also try hungrygirl.com type in quick easy meals..theres another website it leads you to but I forgot the name of it...It will come up.

Good luck
    I have that same problem

Lynda
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Another good one is eatingwell.com. Every recipe I have made from this site has been a hit with my family.
  • angelden4
    angelden4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Good Food website http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/ because it has loads of really nice recipes that are all counted for calories and fat etc If you sign up you can keep your recipes in a virtual binder. It's terrible trying to balance the diet and the family. I did a low calorie meal tonight and had bump the families meal up with bread so they didn't starve!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have revamped all of my recipes to be more healthy, substitute whole wheat flour for white, sliced chicken breasts or ground turkey or chicken in place of ground beef, etc.
    I now use fresh ingredients and lots of herbs and spices instead of fat for flavor so we never felt like we were eating "diet food".

For instance, my family is polish so cabbage rolls are a staple at family get-togethers or holidays. I now make them with ground turkey, brown rice, and use low sodium tomato soup . . . they are even better than before using all the "full fat" items!

We still have the family favorite taco night . . . but I buy the small dempsters whole wheat soft tacos, use lean ground turkey and my own spices (the taco seasoning mix is VERY high in sodium so use 1 tsp of garlic, chili pwdr, paprika, and cumin, and a shake of salt with some ground pepper), low fat cheese, and LOTS of fresh veggies for toppings. My favorite is lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, and cilantro. I usually mix a chopped tomato into some prepared salsa to "freshen" it up a bit. This is a HUGE hit with the kids . . . and they have no idea just how healthy it is!
  • mbollman
    mbollman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These are all GREAT!!! I can't wait to start browsing!!!
  • happykat007
    happykat007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can browse later!
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Bump
  • marulm
    marulm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump

2201658.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • libinatorsmom
    Options
    I would love some good ones too... its hard to diet with the family not helping and some new reciepes may really help... Quick and Yummy!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    In the same exact boat so I'm gonna check out those websites!