Why am I still still hungry and pissed off at 1800 cals?

Options
acogg
acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
I did better mentally at 1200 calories, though I know I am also growing new tissue. This is hard stuff and I want to eat my house and all chocolate covered small animals in the vicinity. That is all. Thanks.

Replies

• katoftheyear
    Options
    I read somewhere that genuine HUNGER is like a biological process that causes your intestines to like clench up trying to find extra nutrients in there somewhere because your body really needs it? Idk, but whenever I get like that, I check out my macros and see what's up. Maybe you need to eat something different -- dat body wants variety. :wink:
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    People keep telling me that starch makes you hungry, stuff like pasta, rice and bread. I suppose it's true. I am noticing that the more protein and salad I eat, the less I want to eat pasta. I think the poster above me may be right, it might be the combination of foods you are eating.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you're only eating 2 meals a day and most of the calories are breakfast. Maybe if you spread the calories out more and had dinner you wouldn't be tempted to eat the wallpaper?
  • acogg
    Options
    I know you have no way of knowing this, but I log my food in groups. I am considering bumping my food to 2000 calories. I am very hungry with my eating pattern right now. My muscles are growing and I think that is the reason? Thanks everyone for your support! I am thinking more protein and carbs.
  • acogg
    Options
    I decided to put myself to bed with a high protein yogurt. I feel much better now and I am sorry for the rant. I am relearning every thing, so please bear with me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I did better mentally at 1200 calories, though I know I am also growing new tissue. This is hard stuff and I want to eat my house and all chocolate covered small animals in the vicinity. That is all. Thanks.
    Please don't eat your house or your animals. You won't have a place to live anymore and your animals would not appreciate being covered in chocolate before consumption. :laugh: :bigsmile:

Other than my silly joking, I don't have an answer.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think you're on your way to your own answer with the high protein snack. I aim for 30% of my intake as protein. I have read a lot of posts saying its a must if you're trying to build or preserve muscle. Even with some amount of protein with every meal/snack, I still need a protein shake to get there but its really changed how I feel. I'm virtually never after my chocolate covered pets!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I decided to put myself to bed with a high protein yogurt. I feel much better now and I am sorry for the rant. I am relearning every thing, so please bear with me.

Yep Protein and Fiber really help me feel less hungry.