Help! Signed up for charity 5 mile mud run and scared

Options
a pal convinced me in a moment of extreme giddiness to do a 5 mile mud run for TACA (an autism support group) I have never done an outdoor run / walk. I have done a 5K...(on a treadmill). I am not sure how these things tend to work. Bathrooms? Water? Never been an outdoorsy person. The run is May 18th. What do you recommend?

Replies

• leviclampitt
    Options
    #1 Inform yourself. Good place to start is with google: "mud run + how to prepare". This will at least cut down on the scary unknown feeling.

#2 Keep asking questions. To answer your current ones: yes, they have bathrooms. Water you have to buy or drink it out of their hoses (which will clean you off after the race).
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you can do 5k on a treadmill I wouldn't sweat the 5 mile run. The usually have portolets at the start area so take advantage of it before the run. Just don't wait until the last second because there will be a line. Most runs have a water stop but unless it's super hot you could probably go 5 miles without a drink.

Make sure you have a quality pair of running shoes and get outside for some practice a couple times per week. Running outside is so much more fun anyway.