Resveratrol

Options
My mom had me start taking Resveratrol awhile back but I went off of it for a long time. I recently found some of my old capsules, that are still good, and so I took 2 yesterday. I remember the side effects...cleaning me out a bit, running to the bathroom a lot...but I also remember last time I took them feeling like I was losing weight.

Does anybody else have any experience with it??

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of it. But if it's causing you to go to the bathroom a lot you're probably losing feces waste "weight" from your colon. Other than that I'm not sure what weight loss effects it might have.

The only sure fire way to lose weight and keep it off is to learn to eat healthy, portion control, and exercise. :) Anything else I wouldn't really put much stock in. lol :)
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    As far as I know, this is a health supplement containing anti-oxidants - I can't work out how it's meant to help weightloss though. If it has laxative properties then that's not ideal.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Isn't reservatol the good benefit of red wine? Thought it was supposed to be more or a heart thing than a digestive aid, though.

L
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Resveratrol has been featured by both Fitness Magazine and M&F (Muscle & Fitness) Magazines and they both recommend giving it a shot.

Resveratrol is antioxidant compound found in wine. It has also been shown to help you increase your threshold while working out and possibly cause weight loss.

I would give it a shot, there aren't any known side effects that I have heard of.

As a Beachbody coach I am always on the lookout for things that can help us along in our journey to getting fit and HEALTHY and resveratrol seems like it has helped me. It's is pretty inexpensive as well.

-Chancy