What's crunchy and awesome that's not celery or carrots?

I come from a background of eating poorly. Junk food, etc. Like, sometimes dinner would be a bag of Doritos.
Basically I'm wondering what's a good vegetable to eat that's, you know, crunchy. I've eaten carrots and celery until I'm almost sick of them. I've got hummus to eat along with whatever anyone suggests. :P

The Walking Dead comes on tonight, so I needs me some low calorie crunchy vegetabley goodness. :3

Replies

• SaebraSpirit
    SaebraSpirit Posts: 150 Member
    Kale chips! you can make them yourself :D
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Popcorn. I bought this cute little hot air popcorn popper from Target. (I luv it...)
  • MissTea3112
    MissTea3112 Posts: 12 Member
    Cucumbers are great, I like to cut them up thin and then dip them in Hummus, it is my sub for chips and dips!
  • Bety_1989
    Bety_1989 Posts: 18 Member
    Cant wait for tonight's episode!

Some vegetable ideas: Paprika, Spring onions,Cucumber (remove the seeds if you think it is too watery), oh and Radishes . Cherry tomatoes are not crunchy but they are also awesome to snack on.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Pizza hut crust (pan style) is crunchy and awesome.:happy:
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    peppers and radishes are my 'go to's'
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Bell peppers...red, green, yellow, orange...chunked are colorful and crisp,
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Snow peas (mangetout), baby corn, peppers
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Another vote for air popped popcorn! It's a whole grain and provides a bit of fiber, and you can have quite a bit for a reasonable amount of calories.
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    I find that red peppers are amazing with hummus.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Crunchy peanut butter and jelly sammich
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Yet another vote for hot air poppers! Even if you drizzle a little melted butter on it, it's still a calorie bargain.

Sunflower seeds in the shell are nice for TV watching. Since you have to shell each one individually, it takes forever to gnaw your way through a small amount.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    (Not all veggies)

Peppers, pickles, pistachios or peanuts that have to be shelled while you eat, roasted chickpeas or edamame, asparagus spears dipped in some kind of garlicky fat, raw broccoli (gross in my opinion), salted pumpkin seeds (I like them with the shell still on if you buy them pre-packaged)
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    bump to read later, i need this list
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Sugar snap peas!!! Yum!!!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Wasabi rice crackers
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
    What's crunchy and awesome that's not celery and carrots? PEANUT BUTTER ! Jk but bell peppers and grape tomatoes are my favorite thing to snack on as well as rice cakes, romaine leaves+ balsamic. I am so stoked for tonight episode!! Glade everyone I like was still alive !
  • So many good ideas in this thread. :D Thank you!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    Sugar snap peas!!! Yum!!!

love these!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    A whole raw onion. Then your breath will smell like one of the Walking Dead.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition