Stopped Losing Weight?? Is this Normal?

Options
I've been doing my fitness pal for a month now. My starting weight was 141 and now I'm 126. I've lost a total of 15 pounds! However, now I've noticed my weight loss has been a lot smaller and slow in progress. My diet hasn't changed I still eat a 1200 calorie diet and I still workout for about 45 minutes to an hour a day. Lately I'm only losing about 1-2 pounds a week? This is greatly different from the 5 pounds a week generally that I had been losing. Is this normal? Has my body gotten into this routine now that its losing weight more slowly? Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Weight loss slows down after a while. 1-2 lbs a week is a great pace, and is more likely to be healthy and sustainable than faster weight loss. Keep doing what you're doing :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you mostly lost a lot of water weight this first month, as well as the initial shock to your system that calorie restriction and exercise will create. it's normal to taper off a bit.

just keep doing what you are doing. you're not on the biggest loser, so losing 1 pound a week will become normal. in fact, you'll probably want to up your calories a bit to keep your energy up.