Stupid scale I love and hate it!
This morning it said 162 and
Then 164 !
This is why I rarely ever weigh in on here

Replies

• caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate WAAAAAAAAY above your calories yesterday, you didn't gain two pounds overnight. It's water weight. Or maybe you didn't do it at the same time. Or maybe you were wearing different clothes.

I supposedly "gained" an eighth of a pound overnight. I know the scale is lying to me.

Your weight fluctuates throughout the day as well. Don't weigh more than once a day.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate WAAAAAAAAY above your calories yesterday, you didn't gain two pounds overnight. It's water weight. Or maybe you didn't do it at the same time. Or maybe you were wearing different clothes.

I supposedly "gained" an eighth of a pound overnight. I know the scale is lying to me.

Your weight fluctuates throughout the day as well. Don't weigh more than once a day.
    I forgot to mention that it was within seconds
  • naeyha1
    naeyha1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that it was within seconds

The same thing happened to me this morning, I was so frustrated..I cant give you advise on this as i am seeking for some advice too... Hope someone comes for our rescue....:ohwell:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Mine will jump by 4lb - If it's way too different I'll give it knock.

The way scales work they're naturally going to have issues with slight deviations in the floor and so on.

Some people take three readings, knocking the scales a little each time - then average them.

(And/Or) For averaging actual fluctuations, it can be worth recording your weight every day - then rather looking at a specific weight, make a graph and look at the trend.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    scale-comic-300x263.gif
  • naeyha1
    naeyha1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    scale-comic-300x263.gif
    LOL.....
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favorite and put the scale in a closet and forget about it. I use measurements to gage my progress. Also it's about how you feel. The scale is not your friend trust me I drove myself crazy at the beginning of my journey.