Question

BatCola
BatCola Posts: 64 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So if I exercise and eat the daily food journal calorie thing is says plus gain extra calories and eat them... will I lose???? I am just wondering how that works? So do I not eat the earned calories.. Exercise=Extra Food= Weight Loss???? I have like 200 cals left for today so should I not eat them or most defiantly eat them???

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    eat them if you feel hungry, and read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    You should eat all your calories PLUS your exercise calories. The deficit is already subtracted from that number. That is now the number you need to EAT so you don't starve yourself.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    I've seen people arguing for both sides of eating or not eating.

The best is to find out what is right for you. I tried reading that link provided when I first came here and it made my head spin.

If my exercise sets my deficit under 1200 calories I eat some of them until I'm over 1200. Sometimes I wont if I'm still full and not very hungry. It all depends.

Basically, the site sets you up with a deficit to lose weight already.
    Look at your body like a car. The more you run your car, the more fuel you'll need.

I don't fully trust the calorie burn estimate on here so I eat half or less of exercise calories and seem to be losing consistently.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Good advice all.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    I agree, eat your exercise calories but be very careful about the amount MFP says you have burnt! If you use a machine or HRM then enter the calories that the machine/HRM says you have burnt, or underestimate the exercise. If you think you have done moderate effort enter it as light effort, that way you will stay safe and maintain a good deficit.
This discussion has been closed.