Beach Whale Friends Unite!

Options
Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
This is just a thread for anyone who thought they might want to be buddies with me after the *you know what* was closed.

My name is Lynn aka Quasita. I'm very fat, but kicking butt! I write blogs every day on an outside site, as well as write blogs occasionally here on MFP about various things that happen. I'm trying to lose overall about 56% of my starting weight. I've already lost 14% of it, despite numerous health challenges.

It's common for me to get insulted in the forums because of this notion that the extremely obese do not have a clue. I'm here to prove that that's simply not true.

I am not perfect. Most days I struggle with dependency issues and chronic pain. But being friends with me, you will not only get someone who is blunt and honest, but you'll also get to witness the fight of a lifetime.

So, add me, if you like :D

Replies

• DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    This is just a thread for anyone who thought they might want to be buddies with me after the *you know what* was closed.

My name is Lynn aka Quasita. I'm very fat, but kicking butt! I write blogs every day on an outside site, as well as write blogs occasionally here on MFP about various things that happen. I'm trying to lose overall about 56% of my starting weight. I've already lost 14% of it, despite numerous health challenges.

It's common for me to get insulted in the forums because of this notion that the extremely obese do not have a clue. I'm here to prove that that's simply not true.

I am not perfect. Most days I struggle with dependency issues and chronic pain. But being friends with me, you will not only get someone who is blunt and honest, but you'll also get to witness the fight of a lifetime.

I think I love you...
  • Quasita
    Options

I think I love you...

Awe, that's sweet :) Hopefully you'll still love me after seeing some of the stuff I post randomly haha
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Already friends. Us cool-hair people have to stick together. ;)
  • Quasita
    Options

Dude, I know! Just this past summer, I had basically that cut, but my hair was longer on top (to my shoulders). I got it cleaned up for a job interview.
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

I think I love you...

Awe, that's sweet :) Hopefully you'll still love me after seeing some of the stuff I post randomly haha

So long as it isn't arbitrary name-calling or asking me to suck your ****, I'm sure we'll get along just fine! :laugh:
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

I had cool hair for a while. Then I got tired of adding new color all the time... so I cut it, and now have the "poof of awesome" :laugh:
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    after the *you know what* was closed.

I don't know what. What are you talking about?
  • Quasita
    Options

A thread was closed in which I was called a "pregnant beach whale" by the OP when contributing.

This thread is created just because I offered my friendship to those reading it, and it got closed. I was greatly amused by the goings on though! :)
  • Quasita
    Options

I had cool hair for a while. Then I got tired of adding new color all the time... so I cut it, and now have the "poof of awesome" :laugh:

I bet it's amazing. I didn't mess with mine for a long long time because of corporate world... But then went to get my hair done before surgery (cuz I'd be out of commission for a couple months) and they convinced me to do something fun. I realized then that my current jobs don't have dress codes at all. So I started having fun again. My hair and my gauges are kinda trademarks of mine ;)
  • Blue801
    Options

A thread was closed in which I was called a "pregnant beach whale" by the OP when contributing.

This thread is created just because I offered my friendship to those reading it, and it got closed. I was greatly amused by the goings on though! :)

:laugh: Seriously? You must have been winning the debate if they resorted to that. I've been called a beached whale before, but it was not in a discussion setting. :cry:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Sweet.
  • Quasita
    Options

:laugh: Seriously? You must have been winning the debate if they resorted to that. I've been called a beached whale before, but it was not in a discussion setting. :cry:

Honestly I think it was because I wasn't shy about my starting weight when I was replying. I don't think that I should feel ashamed to admit that I was 485 at my highest. No one should be. We shouldn't be ashamed of honesty.

The reason I even talk about it is because people often like to say "if you're very overweight, you can cut a lot/lose a lot without worry" and I have my concerns about that perpetuated attitude.

That being said, I'm still active and functional. I tend to like to present a non-stereotypical view of the 400+ person. I don't sit on my booty all day eating ;)
  • Blue801
    Options
    sandman!!!:love:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

You know it baby!
  • Quasita
    Options

You know it baby!

When I think of Sandman, I think of a poster I had that was from the graphic novels. I never read them, I just liked the poster and hung it over my bed ;)
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    me, me... add me!!! : )
  • princesslucylou86
    Options
    love this, beach whale! haha! I've been called that and worse before...and sadly when i was a healthy size 14...people are so cruel that i resorted on making fun of myself at my own expense so i didnt get upset or ashamed. I am a pretty big lady...who needs to shed a good few pounds and wants to make my life healthier. The more support and *kitten* kicking the better! feel free to add me :) x
  • Quasita
    Options
    love this, beach whale! haha! I've been called that and worse before...and sadly when i was a healthy size 14...people are so cruel that i resorted on making fun of myself at my own expense so i didnt get upset or ashamed. I am a pretty big lady...who needs to shed a good few pounds and wants to make my life healthier. The more support and *kitten* kicking the better! feel free to add me :) x

As I told someone earlier... A stranger's words could never hurt me as much as my own can. I just became frank with people, took the wind out of the gossip sails. Most people think I clock in in the mid-200s so I usually drop jaws saying I'm over 400. Speaking openly about our issues sometimes helps make the best out of things, because it establishes that we are not afraid of who we are, what we look like or anything else.
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Dude, I know! Just this past summer, I had basically that cut, but my hair was longer on top (to my shoulders). I got it cleaned up for a job interview.

I just had a creep of your profile and I see your hair is very awesome! I actually need a new photo: just this weekend I buzzed mine down to the world's shortest pixie (I'm job searching again).
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been called that and more by my ex who is still trying to get me back. Really!!!???!!! Too bad, so sad.

I just sent you a friend invite. :smile: :flowerforyou: