Help on Food Log needed....

Options
Everyday I am wayyyy under in carbs and fat but wayyy over in protein. Will that affect my efforts at weight loss or my nutritional status in general?

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's a good problem to have. The amounts are just guidelines and some things you should be under and some you should be over. Fat and carbs are good to be under, just not by a crazy amount in the carb department. Protein is good to be a little over because it keeps you full and helps your muscles.
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    She's absolutely right - a great way to go. I went on the Scott Connelly diet with my husband when he was diagnosed as diabetic. He created Met RX bars and nutrients. I'm not recommending the diet (as Mr. Connelly's products don't support his writing) BUT I did find out that I personally feel much better with a higher protein / lower carb diet. You HAVE to have some carbs to keep your brain functioning properly. Unfortunately for me, I admit to be a carboholic. It's something I fight with every day. I would LOVE to have bread with every meal! :) I have broken that habit - YAY - but those carbs call to me! Keep up the good work you are doing fabulously with exercising and being conscious of what you eat. Sweetie, that's more than 1/2 the battle! You Go Girl!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Protein is good for you! xxx
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i tend to fall short on everything but my protein. as long as you are eating lean proteins, i wouldn't be concerned...esp if you are doing even light sculpting....you need protein to build muscle, which in turn will work with your metabolism to burn calories 24/7. by no means will you be a body builder with light sculpting, but you will have lean long muscles that your husband WILL appreciate.
    your body needs protein to build healthy muscles, and your most important muscle is your heart.
    if you feel your energy levels being low...increase your carbs through an extra fruit and veggie a day...half a raw red pepper/20 raw baby carrots and a peach/plum/melon. (don't use a banana or pineapple for this, they are high in sugar and will cause your blood sugar to rise and lower fast.)
    energy does come from carbs too, so balance them out with your protein. alter it slightly till you find what works for YOUR body. everyone is different.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    I also do a low carb, hi protein diet. Works much better for me! Once i made the switch, the pounds started to melt off. Just as some people are lactose intolerant, i am carbohydrate intolerant.
  • daniellesite
    daniellesite Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that responded. I feel much, much better~:happy: