I'm freaking out that I ate too much today.. Help!

Options
Okay, right now I feel so guilty cause I feel so stuffed..! I made a spinach salad with cucumbers, strawberry, and lite raspberry vinaigrette. After that I made so instant oatmeal it's original so it has no flavor and I slice up some strawberry's and threw them in the oatmeal. Then my family made some polenta and I had a piece of that. After this I went down and exercised.. Played 15 minutes of soccer, and did some cardio and that was all about 45 minutes of workout. Than At 8pm I made some air popped popcorn and ate some. So that's all i had but I feel so full and I feel like I ate so much! Am i just thinking this or what.. :frown:

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it's all in your head.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Seriously, this needed its own thread? Just log everything accurately into your food log, and you'll be able to see if you were under your calorie goal or over. Feeling guilty about food you've already eaten is a waste of energy, and your day as you describe it doesn't sound remotely like a binge. You're fine, don't stress yourself out.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    So you ate 500 calories and are freaking out. Seek help, your relationship with food appears to not be healthy. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    So you ate 500 calories and are freaking out. Seek help, your relationship with food appears to not be healthy. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

this... so very this.

you're freaking out over 400-500 cal and feeling stuffed. get some professional help
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    It's a Beverly Hills thing. All sorts of body dysmorphia down there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Always give yourself ONE cheat day a week, It keeps the body guessing and keeps any diet you are on bearable. Don't beat yourself up if you go over, just try to do better the next day!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help. You have a disorder, my dear.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You're freaking out because you're 18 and 18 year-old girls tend to freak out. Luckily, you'll grow out of that, but you'll grow into a serious eating disorder if you don't get help. You can probably afford some good therapy. So, do that.

The fact that OP worries about getting into a size 3 jeans instead of a size 7 (OP listed this as one of her goals because I guess she feels fat in a size 7) is a red flag.

You need professional counseling to understand what healthy is for you and that being healthy isn't a number on a label. Anyway this post is just attention whoring about what basically amounts to under-eating anyway, which is another red flag.

I'm not saying this to be mean to you. I'm saying this because there's something wrong and you need to eventually realize that.

Good luck on your journey to becoming healthy.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Look at what I ate this weekend and you'll feel better.

Honestly though, this sounds to be way too much worrying.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Btw, start aiming for fit instead of skinny.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just got done eating turkey meatloaf loaded with shredded veggies and a wonderful side dish of steamed zucchini, summer squash, red bell pepper, and cilantro. I'm stuffed with no guilt whatsoever.

Feeling guilty just because you are full is probably due to a dysfunctional relationship with food.

Log and move on. If possible, you should look into getting some help with your dysfunction. There is no shame in that.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, Almost wonder why I am posting and perpetuating this thread at all as it just feeds towards your desire for being the center of attention. If you are really freaking out and are honestly concerned then forget asking friends for advice and trolling adverts for "rapid weight loss and exercise machines" of the multi-billion dollar juggernauts of the "health industry".

Get yourself some real facts about healthy living - ask youself better quality questions the value of the information you receive will be equal to the quality of the questions you ask. If you are hand on heart honestly freaking out then get some professional help or at very least talk to a nutritionist to understand more about what your body really needs to function and be healthy.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    This chick is clearly lost and came to this community for help and all you guys are doing is calling her delusional. I don't think that's going to help her at all. And to be honest I think it's rude to assume she is abnormally wealthy even if she is. I understand her profile says Beverly Hills but when I see a rich person with a problem, I don't tell them to buy their way out of it.

OP, I understand the anxiety you're feeling and so do a lot of others on this website. It's normal to feel guilty after you feel way too full. What these people are saying has some truth to it, though I do not think they are being kind about it, and the fact is the amount you ate is not very large. Because of this, it might be worth considering your relationship with food could be unhealthy. Because you are young you have a lot of time to nip this where it is. Try talking to your parents or searching in these forums more, and you'll find a lot of healthy people with good things to say about diet and fitness. It's never easy to kick a bad habit but I believe you can.

Stay healthy OP! :)
  • BelsFitnessJourney
    Options
    Don't worry about the full feeling, it will be gone in the morning :) you didn't really eat that much... it's just the volume not the calories :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Did you even log it?
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    It's called "a day" for a reason. You get 364 more of them in the next year. If you're going to sit there in your head with it then that bad day will turn into a bad week. Just let it go.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    r u serious??? i ate 3000 cals of junk food on saturday....do i care???? nope,......if anything you need to eat more.....
  • jlchandl17
    Options
    I just got done eating turkey meatloaf loaded with shredded veggies and a wonderful side dish of steamed zucchini, summer squash, red bell pepper, and cilantro. I'm stuffed with no guilt whatsoever.

That sounds delicious!!
  • jlchandl17
    Options
    it's LOSE .

Loose and Lose are not interchangable - not even the same definition. Ugh.

"I've been trying to loose wight for about two years"