It sucks being short

Options
2»

Replies

• hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

If you're an apple, your legs are probably naturally slim, and you'll always have a small butt. So even with fat on your stomach/waist, I assume you can wear slim cut trousers and look skinny.

Ugh, but I hate that! My entire life all people do is comment on my "narrow hips" and then say how my upper body is soooo much bigger than my lower. I'd rather look more balanced.

It's like I'm built like a domino or a square. Very little room for all the weight to spread out, and I have to be slightly underweight to look thin.

I have to be underweight to have skinny thighs, so everybody has their stuff :)

Accept your body shape, but make the most of it. Lots of squats and butt exercises can help you get a shapelier rear.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I'm pretty built up top - broad shoulders, muscular neck and arms, but I have a really short torso and a flabby tummy, plus short stumpy legs, so nothing about me feels feminine.
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I'm pretty built up top - broad shoulders, muscular neck and arms, but I have a really short torso and a flabby tummy, plus short stumpy legs, so nothing about me feels feminine.

That's me, too! It's hard to feel feminine, even with big boobs.

If you're an apple, your legs are probably naturally slim, and you'll always have a small butt. So even with fat on your stomach/waist, I assume you can wear slim cut trousers and look skinny.

Ugh, but I hate that! My entire life all people do is comment on my "narrow hips" and then say how my upper body is soooo much bigger than my lower. I'd rather look more balanced.

It's like I'm built like a domino or a square. Very little room for all the weight to spread out, and I have to be slightly underweight to look thin.

I have to be underweight to have skinny thighs, so everybody has their stuff :)

Accept your body shape, but make the most of it. Lots of squats and butt exercises can help you get a shapelier rear.

Do squats and butt exercises really help? I've had trainers tell me they wouldn't do anything for me because genetics determines how you look.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and don't mind it at all. After all, it's better to be short and shine than tall and cast a shadow!:wink:

love this! i'm 4' 11-3/4" :) which makes you taller than me. to the OP i'm pear shaped and yes i do have a defined waist however i have a big ole butt and now muscular legs which makes buying pants a challenge. too big in the waist too tight around my *kitten*.
  • Serena272
    Serena272 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nerdycurls
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and don't mind it at all. After all, it's better to be short and shine than tall and cast a shadow!:wink:

love this! i'm 4' 11-3/4" :) which makes you taller than me. to the OP i'm pear shaped and yes i do have a defined waist however i have a big ole butt and now muscular legs which makes buying pants a challenge. too big in the waist too tight around my *kitten*.

But you'd look soooo nice in dresses and skirts! I actually dislike wearing pants...darn muffin top and gut.
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Everyone always complains about being short and I can completely understand why, because I live it! BUT, there are some advantages too...

Here are the reasons why I think it sucks being short (4'11"):

1. I can't reach a damn thing
    2. My BMR is 1159
    3. My BMI is overweight (25) if I reach 123.5 lbs, which I feel is not very much for an adult
    4. I look proportionate at a size 0 and getting a little "chubby" at a size 2, which is ridiculous

Now, here are the awesome things about being short:

1. I can fit anywhere, including airplanes, beds, couches (I can stretch out on loveseat and sleep soundly)
    2. Most people seems to think that I'm a good 10 years (or more) younger than I am, partially because I'm short
    3. Kids clothes and shoes are cheaper and I can wear both!
    4. All my guy friends who are 5'6" to 5'8" get an ego boost because they feel tall for once when they stand next to me. I always say, "happy to help your self-esteem out." :wink:
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I always say - "I'm not overweight, I'm under Tall!"

At 140# without knowing my height - you think that's pretty good - now realize I am 5 foot nothin! - ok - now I have better than 25# to lose! They only thing I can say about being short - is that I can notice it quickly when I gain or lose - there isn't much place for it to hide (gain) and when I lose it's noticable.

Good luck !
  • Nerdycurls
    Options
    I always say - "I'm not overweight, I'm under Tall!"

At 140# without knowing my height - you think that's pretty good - now realize I am 5 foot nothin! - ok - now I have better than 25# to lose! They only thing I can say about being short - is that I can notice it quickly when I gain or lose - there isn't much place for it to hide (gain) and when I lose it's noticable.

Good luck !

Yeah there is hardly any space. I remember a friend of mine from high school gained 5 pounds over winter and lamented over how "overweight" she got and she never went beyond a size 6/7! She also has a gorgeous pear-shaped body and even does fitness modeling and body building! FIVE POUNDS! Then there's me with my 50. Ugh..