The wedding dress challenge

Hi all!
I am getting married this fall and after trying on wedding dresses and not being able to fit in the ones I really liked I realized I need to make some changes! I have lost almost 10 lbs since I started working out in early January but the challenge has been finding time to cook and get to the gym with my otherwise busy schedule. I'm hoping MFP will help me narrow down my calories and visualize what I'm really consuming and burning every day.
So far I really like the site--would be nice to have a buddy to keep up with on here since I enjoy solo workouts but would still like someone to chat with about the day-to-day of losing weight and keeping it off.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congratulations on the Engagement and the 10 pound loss already!!!!
    What an exciting time in your life. I'd love to help if I can.

Nancy
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Congrats to you! Hope you meet your goals in a healthy way! :flowerforyou:
  • I am also trying to lose weight for my wedding this upcoming June! I have been working out about as long as you and hope to reach my ultimate goal and lose another 10-12 lbs. So far I am down about 15 and am loving the results. I am kinda new to MFP so having a buddy would be great! Congrats on your weight loss so far and feel free to add me!
  • JennyLu3
    JennyLu3 Posts: 26
    Hello! Way to go on the weight loss so far! Be proud! :) I am also getting married this fall! I just picked out my wedding dress on Saturday, and it is beautiful, but I'm not 100% thrilled about how I look in it. I hopped on MFP this morning with a renewed determination to lose weight. I don't want to look at my wedding pictures 10 years from now and wish I had tried harder. Please feel free to add me! It would be great if we could help motivate each other.

Have a fabulous week!
  • luckychef13
    luckychef13 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey there! I'm getting married in Sept 2014 and just ordered my dress last wk. I actually ordered it in a size that I couldn't quite zip up all the way. AM I crazy?!? No, I'm committed! My first gown fitting in June 26th and by then I plan to not only be able to zip her up, but possibly have to be taken in. MFP helped me lose 20lbs. last fall, when I was being good. Then for many reasons, I stopped, got lazy and put all the weight back on :( My amazing fiance has been supportive and loving the whole time and I want to be the best me I can be, for myself and for him! Let's help keep each other motivated & be awesome healthy sexy brides!