REstarting for the millionth time

Options
:happy: Hi guys

Im once again trying to get back on the weight loss after many years. I have failed time after time again. I attest this to me eating and drinking a lot of foods with processed sugars. Ie sodas, candy, cakes, and all that good jazz.. Now althought its been 8 years of trying and failing, I have discovered a few things.
1. I have slowly but surly in life started to add more healthy foods into my consumption. I use to hate beans, aand brown rice and hell even carrots. I adore them now.
2. I'm more thirsty than hungry these days. nmi use to eat a lot and it showed. Didnt know I was actually thirsty a lot of those times. I drink water. Lots of it now. I drink it with lemon or vinegar before I wake up and before I go to sleep now.
3. Although I just got back on board last week, I am finding that doing a cleanse was a good idea before retrying to workout again. Before my cleanse, I was tired a ot and took a lot to even workout. After the cleanse, well Im hype to workout in the mornings and even in the evneings now .

4. I need a coach and mentor here. If anyone wants to help me I would appreciate it. I have myself for motivationa nd all that now, but it helps to have folks by my side as well. I know I will ahve questions and all and have a lot of learning to do and weight to lose .

In closing, I know that I failed a lot of times, but each time I improved more. This time I want o suceed for life and enjoy the next 60 years :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    My advice:

Be CONSISTENT. You can have a bad day and a bad week, but if you're consistent, it's tough to have a bad month or year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will most definatly keep that in mind :)
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Small positive changes equal success to me. Congrats on not giving up!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi guys

Im once again trying to get back on the weight loss after many years. I have failed time after time again. I attest this to me eating and drinking a lot of foods with processed sugars. Ie sodas, candy, cakes, and all that good jazz.. Now althought its been 8 years of trying and failing, I have discovered a few things.
    1. I have slowly but surly in life started to add more healthy foods into my consumption. I use to hate beans, aand brown rice and hell even carrots. I adore them now.
    2. I'm more thirsty than hungry these days. nmi use to eat a lot and it showed. Didnt know I was actually thirsty a lot of those times. I drink water. Lots of it now. I drink it with lemon or vinegar before I wake up and before I go to sleep now.
    3. Although I just got back on board last week, I am finding that doing a cleanse was a good idea before retrying to workout again. Before my cleanse, I was tired a ot and took a lot to even workout. After the cleanse, well Im hype to workout in the mornings and even in the evneings now .

4. I need a coach and mentor here. If anyone wants to help me I would appreciate it. I have myself for motivationa nd all that now, but it helps to have folks by my side as well. I know I will ahve questions and all and have a lot of learning to do and weight to lose .

In closing, I know that I failed a lot of times, but each time I improved more. This time I want o suceed for life and enjoy the next 60 years :)

you didn't fail because of processed foods. you failed because you likely set unreasonable expectations on how quickly you could lose the weight and/or because you deprived yourself of foods you wanted.

weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories out. the foods you eat matter very little when it comes to weight loss and weight gain. what you eat affects your nutrition. that's where paying attention to your food choices makes a difference.

there's alot of good advice on here. start reading threads and looking for people offering sane advice. the simpler the advice, usually the better. avoid those peddling nonsense like cleanses, clean eating, magic pills, meal replacement shakes, etc. those people will lead you down a dead end path full of misinformation and failure.

here's a very brief introduction into what's important for weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

here's a longer introduction covering some of the same topics in more detail:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

be patient. set realistic goals. log everything accurately. be diligent. stick to it. the weight will come off. don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day or a bad week... we all do. your path from point A to point B will not be a linear one. it never is for anyone.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

stay focused on the long term and don't give up.