Big appetite

Options
I've noticed that I just want to eat and binge so I've just been bingeing on ok friends like vegetables and water
When will it end

Replies

• looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am often hungry and I eat a big salad with lots of veggies in it, or an apple, and drink water when I feel hungry, often you feel hungry when you are actually thirsty, I find days I have a poor nights sleep I am alot hungrier, as well as if I have a big carb day the day before I seem to be hungrier. good for you for doing veggies and water, it will get better if you keep at it
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    What has worked for my hungry feeling is putting a teaspoon of cinnamon and two of honey in my morning coffee. It has cut my snacking way back. And I eat a lot of stir fry veggies everyday. Just put a dash of salt and pepper and cook in the nuker. Since September I have been doing two low calorie {600-700} days a week. As long as I eat plenty of veggies, and drink my eight glasses of water, I never feel hungry.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    When I was eating between 1200 and 1400 calories per day, I was ALWAYS hungry! I had a set schedule that prevented binging during the week, but on weekends I would eat EVERYTHING. So for me, it ended when I figured out that I should listen to my body and EAT MORE FOOD. I eat about 1700 a day now and I am active at work for 6 hours a day. I lose about a pound each week and I am never hungry. I have lost the urge to binge. . .except this weekend. I burned a lot of extra calories at work (heavy lifting and constant moving in a warehouse with several extra hours, including an extra day) all week and didn't think to account for them. I ate all the food yesterday. I didn't even log it after a certain point. Next busy week, I'm eating 1850 a day!!! I don't want to keep ruining my progress. Sticking to such a low deficit that your body is urging you to binge is no good. If you can eat more and still lose, I strongly urge you to consider it.

ETA: just looked at this past week in your diary and you aren't even getting 1200 on some days. Unless a doctor asked you to eat that little, you should really, REALLY think about eating more than that. You can't even get all of the proper nutrition that your body needs on less than 1200 a day. 1200 is a minimum for a large portion of the female population. If you're eating that little and have an urge to binge, your body is SCREAMING at you to PLEASE let it eat. If not given enough food, your body will do what it can to get you to binge. You are setting yourself up for failure by sticking to such a restricted calorie allotment.

Please read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Either you are underreating and compensating for that hunger with binge days, or you have an emotional problem that you are eating away.
    Either increase daily calories, or visit a doctor if it's the second one