Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

Options
So having recently been diagnosed with G.E.R.D and Gastritis, plus PCOD, I really really need to make changes in my daily diet/exercise routine. Its bad enough that I am living in a foreign country, but my depression becomes worse as I keep getting illnesses. The best bet for me is to suck it up and force myself to make a change. Looking for a diet plan, or just some good everyday recipes. (remember tho I live in Japan, some stuff is hard to get)
Any support would be greatly accepted and appreciated!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    My husband has suffered from gastro-reflux for years. There is a list of foods that aggravate it. His doctor gave it to him and I cooked accordingly. This has kept it under control plus he takes Gaviscon Advance alot after meals. His brother is a doctor, so he is always under control. Some people on here talk about the paleo diet being helpful, but my husband doesn't eat meat--ever. He spit it out as a child. So, you need to get this list and eliminate certain foods.
  • seaoftears
    seaoftears Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response.
    What is the paleo diet? I will google it.
    I love meat...haha
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    My GERD pretty much completely disappeared once I lost some weight. I still take some ranitidine for it, but that's mostly because I pound a lot of coffee which can aggravate it. Carry on -- this one will get better, and quickly I'll bet.
  • seaoftears
    seaoftears Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I drink a bit of coffee...atleast two cups a day, but I get waves where I am tired of coffee and dont drink it, but then I crave it a week later...
    Thanks for letting me know, hopefully the GERD will clear up if i drop a bit....
    :D
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    So having recently been diagnosed with G.E.R.D and Gastritis, plus PCOD, I really really need to make changes in my daily diet/exercise routine. Its bad enough that I am living in a foreign country, but my depression becomes worse as I keep getting illnesses. The best bet for me is to suck it up and force myself to make a change. Looking for a diet plan, or just some good everyday recipes. (remember tho I live in Japan, some stuff is hard to get)
    Any support would be greatly accepted and appreciated!

The answer to your prayers is the book "Why Stomach Acid is Good For You" by Dr. Jonathan Wright.

I dealt with GERD and LPR for 2 years and this book legitimately changed my life and was the ONLY thing that got me back to normal. PPIs and acid blockers will not help you and they will destroy your digestive tract over time, because you'll never be able to get off them. Please consider checking out this book. If there's anything you can do to keep yourself off PPIs, you should do it. Good luck.