How to Stop Worrying About Weight Loss

Options
toddlert
toddlert Posts: 6 Member
I remember when I had to quit smoking how I would quit, start, quit again, and start yet again. The QUIT SMOKING became my waking thought and I was getting sick of it. I finally quit and it dawned on me I don't think about it anymore. In fact, QUIT SMOKING is not even in my vocabulary!

Today my waking thought is WEIGHT LOSS and EXERCISE. It gets obsessive just like the smoking thing did. So just like a bad grade, failed relationship, lost job, or smoking habit - it is time to concur this weight thing and finally get healthy in 2014.

I'm down 14 and have 86-something to go, but I know I can do this just like everything else I have "put behind me" over the years. I have been on this site a long time, but really never looked at the boards. Hope some of you can relate to this rant.

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My thoughts exactly, dont worry about losing weight, just enjoy gaining good health :smile:
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    its an excellent rant and i agree with you, this year i have said to myself i dont care what the scales say, i know i am eating healthy and exercising more, my insides must be perfect lol

good luck with your journey
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 6 years ago. It wasn't easy and weight loss was not easy as well. It's all about timing and determination - that's why we succeeded in quitting smoking. I am using the same thing now that I wanted to lose weight.

If you are here for a long time, I think that you should also include doing the food diary because it gives an alarm if you are going over your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!