Pumpkin is sooooo filling

Options
Omg, so yesterday I found canned pumpkin at the grocery store. After not being able to find it due to the pumpkin shortage- I stocked up & have been going a little crazy with it. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pasta, and pumpkin pudding. That's just what was included in today's menu. It is so yummy & so filling!!! I found myself with 300 calories left & too stuffed to really eat them, so I opted for some nuts to get the calories in. Now I am so full of pumpkin that I feel like I am going to burst! I cannot believe how long a little bit of pumkin at so few calories, can fill you for! Just wanted to share.... For those of you that work somewhere that you have to wait for your "lunch break" to eat- add pumpkin to your meals & you will be satisfied so much longer. I added it to my oatmeal before my 5 hour lecture at school today, and was full until my lunch break. I finally didn't have to shovel food down my throat while trying to keep up on note taking while the professor was teaching!

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i really wish i liked pumpkin. its one of those foods i try really hard to like, but i cant. same thing with hummus
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I make pumpkin curry soup with powdered coconut milk. It's addictive.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin oatmeal sounds fantastic! I'm going out to buy myself some canned pumpkin. Do you think I could freeze it in small portions for later? They only sell gigantic cans where I am...
  • musing
    Options
    I am extremely jealous that you found pumpkin! I have been to 3 different stores in search of some and finally got the low down on when some will be in. I AM SO EXCITED!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear! I bought 2 cans of pumpkin as well but haven't used them YET. I had read that adding pumpkin to oatmeal really boosts the fiber intake. And someone else mentioned adding pumpkin to protein shakes. can't wait to try it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yes, it's chock full of fiber. Which makes it very filling and great for your cardiovascular system. But if your tummy isn't used to eating that much fiber, be careful, it can make you....uncomfortable. :blushing:
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    Yeah I read that you can freeze pumpkin in ice cube trays- then pop them in a zip lock bag & keep frozen to have pre-portioned amounts for later use. I used to do the same thing when I made baby food for my daughter :)
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    i didn't even pay attention that there was a pumpkin shortage, lol, I'm glad i have fresh pumpkin froze from last years pumpkins maybe i should pull them out of the freezer and try the pumpkin oatmeal. cool idea.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I need to try to track down some canned pumpkin! I found organic pumpkin pie mix that is 100 calories for 1/2 cup, not too bad. I need to stock up on the real stuff tho, I've been making pumpkin pie protein shakes it that stuff.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try adding pumpkin to my oatmeal. I am sooooo ready for fall; this will make it seem like fall even if it is still 90-something degrees here.
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    I love pumpkin. I just started adding Pumpkin Spice to my Frozen Cool Whip for a nice LC desert. I've never made Pumpkin Soup but, I'm looking forward to it. Wow! I really want to buy some pumpkin now. Thanks for the post.
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin ANYTHING is sooooo yummy. :)