Hey, its my first day....

JustJus
JustJus Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
This is my first time blogging. 14 years ago, I was at my best, physically and mentally. I worked out 6 days a week, my friends were the people at the gym. My fiance was a powerlifter, his sister a step instructor. I loved being physically fit. Then my fiance and I broke up, and I never stepped back into the gym and started smoking. Geez, I really showed, him, huh? :)

Fast forward 14 years, I have a very supportive husband that "loves me just the way I am." I'm now 100 lbs. heavier and a smoker. Well, sort of. Not really. I have not had a cigarette since December 30, 2009, at 5:37 p.m. (Yes, I know the exact time.) I also joined the gym in March, I work out with a trainer 2x per week, and I take yoga (which I totally recommend for anyone who thinks they are "too fat" to exercise. I really believe it was the yoga that jump started my love for working out again.) And I am so proud to say that yesterday, I ran a 5k race. Did you hear me?? I RAN A 5K RACE!!! And I didn't die! And I crossed the finish line! Although I was the fattest chick there, I definately got the most support. Its great to be different. :laugh:

And as soon as my legs heal, and I can bend my knees, and I'm able to stand up straight, I'm heading right back into that gym!

I want to be healthy for my stepson. I don't want him to think that all good things should be rewarded in food, like my parents did. When he does something well, I take him to the arcade, or let him pick the movie we watch, or the Wii game we play. Never will I buy him ice cream for a good grade.

Because we all deserve better! So here's to being healthy!!!!! ***CHEERS!***

Replies

• Cheers!!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Yes! Way to go on teaching your stepson healthy habits. And super congrats on becoming a non-smoker. You could do that -- and you can do this too!
  • this is the 2nd time and 2nd day.. that i'm here.

Btw. i love your words " love me just the way i'm " It's not easy to find the one like that.
    what a lucky guy you are.

i'm doing the Yoga also.. but i'm not a good student who attend the class regularly.
    Hope I can fix this bad habit.

Cheers~
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Welcome! Way to go on the 5k. I have been wanting to do that so bad. I have problem with my knees or I would love to do something like that. I also put on a 100 pounds since I met my Dh/Boyfriend. It's hard taking it off but it sure is fun putting it on. Anyways, glad that you've made it to blogging. I find it keeps me motivated. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.